congress

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I thought you were so informed.

Why can't you do your own research?

Ok, I see I have to pass out more crackers on this blog.
41xkqSKNQYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Back to the congress's business at hand.

You have got to ask yourself, "Why , if the Senate wants the tax cut extensions for the middle class folks, don't they want it for an entire year and only want a 2 month extension?"

The House 's version.....same as senate's , only for a year. I don't get it. The pipeline thing is on both of them, so that's not it. It passed the senate with that little nugget.

And yet, the senate screams that the house doesn't want to help the middle class.........that doesn't make sense. A year is better than 2 months.

What does make sense is that only a 2 month extension is highly disruptive to payroll departments that can't turn on a dime. Do the year extension and give the middle class a year......

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Back to the congress's business at hand.

You have got to ask yourself, "Why , if the Senate wants the tax cut extensions for the middle class folks, don't they want it for an entire year and only want a 2 month extension?"

The House 's version.....same as senate's , only for a year. I don't get it. The pipeline thing is on both of them, so that's not it. It passed the senate with that little nugget.

And yet, the senate screams that the house doesn't want to help the middle class.........that doesn't make sense. A year is better than 2 months.

What does make sense is that only a 2 month extension is highly disruptive to payroll departments that can't turn on a dime. Do the year extension and give the middle class a year......

AGAIN, if you actually listened or read anything , you would see you are WRONG as usual. The senate rejected the house BULL ( i mean bill ) because it was LACED with "policy riders" that even conservative senators didnt like. The compromise in the senate took out those "policy riders" and decided to go with a 2 month extention and a debate starting in january to resolve the payroll tax issue.

The "policy riders" in the original house bill were things like the pipeline, and cuts to medicare, and cuts to the new healthcare law.... The republicans in the house along with the talking heads on foxed spews want to give the impression that they passed an "up or down" vote on the payroll tax cuts , and thats just NOT TRUE.

It was the conservatives in the senate who struck down the republican house bill. It was the republicans in the senate who compromised with the democrats in the senate to pass a 2 month extention believing BOEHBER could bring his house to follow. Unfortunately, BOEHNER is WEAK and cant bring anybody to his side as the tea party kooks still dont respect his leadership.

BOEHNER is on the hook for this, and he will pay politically in 2012 as well as all vulnerable republicans. Look for the house to come back after days of blah blah blah on foxed spews and vote for the senate bill, the SENATE aint coming back.

Checkmate : OBAMA and REID.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The senate sent it back having changed the 1 yr. to 2 mos. ..... but left everything else unchanged, so the pipeline thing was not changed.
I still can't see how the senate says they are the fighters for the little guy, but they won't pass this extension for a year ,but would rather revisit all this stuff after the holidays. Going down the same road over & over again gets us nowhere.

Quit with the "I don't listen or read or 'get' anything" It's obvious that I do know what's happening in DC..........Dirty City! If everyone on Browncafe doesn't understand, except for Klein, that should relay a message to you......even I know that!

Piss !

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The senate sent it back having changed the 1 yr. to 2 mos. ..... but left everything else unchanged, so the pipeline thing was not changed.
I still can't see how the senate says they are the fighters for the little guy, but they won't pass this extension for a year ,but would rather revisit all this stuff after the holidays. Going down the same road over & over again gets us nowhere.

Quit with the "I don't listen or read or 'get' anything" It's obvious that I do know what's happening in DC..........Dirty City! If everyone on Browncafe doesn't understand, except for Klein, that should relay a message to you......even I know that!

Piss !

You dont have the first clue whats happening in DC other than the misinformation you recieve in your daily programming. Why not post the actual house bill for us all and point out where I am wrong and you are right?

Why not post the senate bill that spells out the differences between the two bills?

You havent read anything. You take ( at face value) everything you hear on FOX and run with it. If you seriously want people to believe that the senates only change was to limit the extention to 2 months then you truly are as gullable as suspected.

Moreluck, I realize that the realities of goverments actions are merely political talking points for you, but some simple investigation on YOUR part would clear up any misunderstandings you may have and prevent the multiple corrections on this board that you spawn each and every day.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You dont have the first clue whats happening in DC other than the misinformation you recieve in your daily programming. Why not post the actual house bill for us all and point out where I am wrong and you are right?

Why not post the senate bill that spells out the differences between the two bills?

You havent read anything. You take ( at face value) everything you hear on FOX and run with it. If you seriously want people to believe that the senates only change was to limit the extention to 2 months then you truly are as gullable as suspected.

Moreluck, I realize that the realities of goverments actions are merely political talking points for you, but some simple investigation on YOUR part would clear up any misunderstandings you may have and prevent the multiple corrections on this board that you spawn each and every day.

Peace.
Gee I thought I was going to read something you posted.........empty?? I'm not the only one questioning the Dems.....whose President said he wants a year extension and who will only do TWO. The president, you know, Buck,....has asked for a year. I heard the exact words from his mouth, not digitally fiddled with. The words came directly out of his mouth like puke out of a drunk on a bender. Now are you going to say I'm just hearing things and FOX used a ventriloquist to put words in Buck's mouth ?? Go ahead, be my guest.
By the way, Boehner just talked to the pres. and reminded him that the House's bill was the bill that did just what he asked for....the year's extension. We'll see if the senate will be called back now.

Peas
pixel

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
FAIL.... Im sure your filling your head with the 10 am to 12pm AMERICA LIVE programming for your afternoon thoughts for the day.

Peace.
At least I'm getting up to the minute news and you are still waiting for Colbert and Maher to find out what you are suppose to say!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The House 's version.....same as senate's , only for a year.

Actually, it was not a simple extension of the existing formulas which is a major problem.
The difference is that there is now a ceiling applied to the formula.
That means the software code of every payroll system would have to be opened up and changed and put through a unit test, system test, integration test and a full round of regression testing.
That is a 2 -3 month cycle for major payroll systems.
The changes would be implemented after the extension was completed for many employer payroll systems.
Ignorant Senators don't understand business implication of their regulations and laws.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually, it was not a simple extension of the existing formulas which is a major problem.
That means the software code of every payroll system would have to be opened up and changed and put through a unit test, system test, integration test and a full round of regression testing.
The changes would be implemented after the extension was completed for many employer payroll systems.
Ignorant Senators don't understand business implication of their regulations and laws.
That's what I meant when I said payrolls don't turn on a dime.........those non-business senators don't understand that...2 months, not doable!

moreluck

golden ticket member
FAIL.... Im sure your filling your head with the 10 am to 12pm AMERICA LIVE programming for your afternoon thoughts for the day.

Peace.
It's amazing to me that you have memorized all the programming and times on FOX . You're suppose to enjoy the articles, not memorize the grids on the TV Guide!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Again FAIL!

Yall want to think youre "informed" by watching the same drones who mislead you everyday of the week, month and year. But if you invested just 10 mins of your time to read the bills, you would see that the house included into the tax extention bill:

1) an increase in pentagon funding

2) a cut in EPA funding

3) cuts to unemployment provisions

4) defunding of the new healthcare law

5) the pipeline deal

The SENATE knew, this would not pass and had to vote it down and DUMP the policy riders the house placed into the bill. On the way back to the house, only the pipeline agreement is in there.

I wish I could charge you people for clues. Id be a millionaire by now.

Peace.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Again FAIL!

Yall want to think youre "informed" by watching the same drones who mislead you everyday of the week, month and year. But if you invested just 10 mins of your time to read the bills, you would see that the house included into the tax extention bill:

1) an increase in pentagon funding

2) a cut in EPA funding

3) cuts to unemployment provisions

4) defunding of the new healthcare law

5) the pipeline deal

The SENATE knew, this would not pass and had to vote it down and DUMP the policy riders the house placed into the bill. On the way back to the house, only the pipeline agreement is in there.

I wish I could charge you people for clues. Id be a millionaire by now.

Peace.

As usual, you are clueless.

Your response has nothing to do with what I posted.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
JOHN BOEHNER doubles down on a losing hand this morning despite being criticized by right wing conservatives across the country. Still trying to save face and "appear" like he is working for middle class americans, BOEHNER is still doing the blah blah blah as if he can actually force a change with a senate.

Did he not see that the senate voted 89 to 10 to pass the 60 day extention?

Maybe if BOEHNER provides a "CLEAN BILL" without additional policy riders for the payroll tax extention along with a plan to pay for it, then he might be able to get the senate to agree. Until then, enjoy the embarrassment BOEHNER!

The face of the republican leadership! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

boehner-crying.png

boehnercrying.jpg

110612_boehner_cries_ap_465.jpg

crying-john-boehner-john-crying-politics-1316210527.jpeg

P

pickup

If you accidently fall from your step ladder or chair, call 911 !
You'll be replacing bulbs 5-10 times more often than myself.

How many Kleins does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer: 2, one to change it, and one to post about it and his "green" life, and about how stupid Americans are.

Alternate answer: Just one but he needs a bottle of liquor. He gets drunk, gets on a chair and inserts bulb in socket. And as the alcohol takes effect, the room spins around him and the bulb gets screwed in.

P

pickup

I don't think I have a choice now, but to only buy the low energy light bulbs.
That's ok,, though. I'm getting sick and tired of replacing the old Edison bulbs.
One just burnt out in my basement, and another in my hallway.

Now, these new ones will last up to 10 years, and use 1/4 or 1/5 of the energy.
So, my powerbill will be getting less and less as soon all of them will be replaced, and I won't need to replace those for years to come.

So let me get this straight: when you had the option to buy both types of bulbs, you went with the old Edison ones. Now that the government has mandated one choice: you happily comply citing the lower energy costs and less frequency of replacing them.

If the new bulbs are the ones you wanted to use, why didn't you use them before? Do you need and want the government to tell you what to do?

Video of Canadian Sheeple:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - YouTube

klein

Für Meno :)
Actually, you are quite wrong with your assumption.
The last bulbs I bought over 2 years ago or longer were already the new kind. They happened to be on sale (still 3 times more money than a regular bulb, though).

I just recently had company over, and she knew everything about the new bulbs (I admit, I didn't do any online research into them, not even now), but she said to use a 7Watt bulb for a normal 40Watt one, and I think 15W for a 60W normal bulb.
So, basically, I can have 4-6 times as many lights on, and I'm just paying for the usage of 1 normal light bulb.
Besides that, they have a lifespan of 20.000 hrs !

You can stock up like Moreluck did, I sure in the hell didn't !