congress

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What difference does it make? There are both black and white congress members and both races unemployed. Stop looking for monsters under the bed.

There are a greater number of white congressmen and unemployed black men.

I don't think this was a random choice on the part of the cartoonist.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are a greater number of white congressmen and unemployed black men.

I don't think this was a random choice on the part of the cartoonist.

The bottom right hand corner of the toon has the creator's e-mail.......so send him an e-mail and rip him a new one !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't have a problem with the cartoonist. I was just questioning whether your choice was made in part due to the colors of the people involved.

"I wonder if the cartoonists' choice of race in the above cartoon was arbitrary?"

Your original statement was about the cartoonist !! That's why I told you about the e-mail. Now you flip and now you say no, it's about my choice. I viewed it and saw a man in the shadows and you want to make it a black man. That's your impression.......so be it. It's not what I see.

moreluck

golden ticket member
| Tuesday, October 25, 2011 @ 6:51 pm |
House Dems Not Afraid To Tackle Tough Issues, Demand Congressional Hearing On Growth Hormone Testing In NFL…

And why should this concern Congress?
(The Hill) — Congressional Democrats sent a letter to Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI), chairman of the House’s Committee on Energy and Commerce, urging congressional hearings to investigate a delay in the implementation of human growth hormone testing in the NFL.
“This delay is a cause for con
cern,” wrote Reps. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), and Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) in a letter that indicated concern that as many as 20 percent of NFL players could be using the growth hormone.

The NFL Player’s Association has balked at implementing the test, which was agreed to in the most recent collective bargaining agreement between players and owners. The players have questioned the validity of the testing program, expressing concern that the test group that blood samples would be measured against does not fairly represent the body chemistry of a professional football player.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do we even have to vote on stuff like this ??

Atheists Condemn House Vote to Reaffirm ‘In God We Trust’ | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I think I hate the "present" voters more than the "no" voters.....we pay them for just being a blob sitting there.......We want our money back! :dissapointed:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Of course, I'm glad they are not going to ban the good old light bulb, but I took care of myself in that respect. What about all the stores that wiped those light bulbs off their shelves. And also, this is paramount in congress's work???

Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban - Washington Times

As usual you have it all wrong (but what else is new?) Congress didnt OVERTURN the ban on the light bulb, it just delayed it 12 months.

In 12 months, the law will be enforced. Try reading something other than the washington times.

Peace.

As usual you have it all wrong (but what else is new?) Congress didnt OVERTURN the ban on the light bulb, it just delayed it 12 months.

In 12 months, the law will be enforced. Try reading something other than the washington times.

Peace.
How about a link Buck0? yea, I know....fat chance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well then, everyone still has chances to stock up on the good old light bulbs....they're still out there. Then , if in a year, gov't decides to do away with them, then you'll be set.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
does the one year ban cover all the bulbs ?
2012 was for 100 watt, 2013 was for the 75 watt, 2014 was for the 40watt, I thought.

And I also thought I read months ago about the last factory making bulbs had closed.