Contract hurts retirees

Inthegame

Part timers should get more involved. But part of the problem is that (at least in my hub) new hires especially don't even know about any of this stuff. I feel that the union should have some sort of "onboarding" process with the new hires. They should take some time and tell them a little bit about the contract, what they are and aren't entitled to, who to talk to if there's an issue. None of this was ever discussed with me. It wasn't even until a couple months ago that it was revealed to me that pre loaders are guaranteed at least 3.5 hours. So much of my first year I was hurried off the clock, being none the wiser that I could've gotten more work for that given day.

That might not be indicative of how all the locals inform new hires and such, but around here there's virtually no communication.
Your union bulletin board should have info on meetings. If you direct newbies to a few meetings and shake the BA's tree, you might start something.

The Milkman

Sorry, but package car driving isn't rocket science. It's actually pretty easy, if one can handle manual labor & UPS's culture.

Regardless, I do enjoy the mentality on these forums of people - who in one post - whine about those who feel entitled, and then in the next... "I've worked for UPS. I'm entitled. Give me, give me, give me!"

Every Upser EARNS their benefits. If it were up to Ups there would be none. You are more than likely a someone who tried driving and after a few weeks put in a letter to Mgnt because you could not hack it. Not rocket science huh? Well alot of people try and fail, I wonder why? If it's that easy then there would be no turnover I would assume..You earn every penny busting your tail for yrs while the higher ups at their meetings and golf outings are planning more ways to try to squeeze another penny for the shareholders with no regard to the ones on the front lines..You are Pathetic!! :bsbullf:

Medakee

Why You ASS. I was a DRIVER and proud of it for UPS for 33+ years. How dare you. I really don't think you know what you are talking about here. Full Time Drivers worked hard for the recent contract. Perhaps you should learn what is true and what isn't before your idiotic statements!!

The Milkman

Why You ASS. I was a DRIVER and proud of it for UPS for 33+ years. How dare you. I really don't think you know what you are talking about here. Full Time Drivers worked hard for the recent contract. Perhaps you should learn what is true and what isn't before your idiotic statements!!

:bpotd:

UPS_Broken_Dreams

All I hear is a bunch of ftmers and retirees crying, waaaaahhh. Don't like it? Get a new job. Retirees, don't like it? Should have planned your retirement better. Boo hoo. Sucks when the shoes on the other foot. Suck it up cupcakes

The Milkman

All I hear is a bunch of ftmers and retirees crying, waaaaahhh. Don't like it? Get a new job. Retirees, don't like it? Should have planned your retirement better. Boo hoo. Sucks when the shoes on the other foot. Suck it up cupcakes

With 21 posts you are either A Stooge already or a management wannabe doing what the Brain trusts in Atlanta tell you to do now that contract time is near. I am sure your shoes are Stilettos :nobrainzombis:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Perhaps you should click on the "Reply With Quote" button/link next time and everyone will know who you are replying to.
Looks like you are replying to The Milkman but probably not your intent.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I was always under the assumption that when you retired, that was the end of your stake in a company sans a possible pension check. UPSers are spoiled!

I'm certain the swelling ranks of retirees had nothing to do with it... Google "pyramid scheme."

When I first started driving three or four of us on our way out to our routes would stop before we started work. Most people don't know you are allowed a 15 minute break before you even deliver your first stop. The restaurant was a Bagelsmith chain. We ate people like you for a snack!

tejano408

I Don't Know Where Your From But In Northern Cali
Under The Company Plan Right Now You Could Retire And You And Your Family Would Pay Only Fifty Bucks A Month For Benefits After You Retire
But Under This New Contract As Of 1-1-14, They Will Not Give You Any Benefits After You Retire
They Said Let Medicare Take Care Of You Or You Can Pay 300 A Month By 2016 With Obama Care
So The More Logical Thing To Do Is Vote No On The Contract
Cause I Did Make Over 100G The Last Couple Of Years And I Still Have A Hard Time With Cost
Just Image When I Retire Having To Pay 300 A Month
If I Make It To 35 Yrs And Receive 3500 A Month Before Taxes I Couldn't And I Wouldn't Get Max
oOnssSstTill72

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Dude, nobody is messing with our retirement. Sounds to me like you have alot of sour grapes toward UPS and you just want to take it out on us teamsters. Good luck with that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I Don't Know Where Your From But In Northern Cali Under The Company Plan Right Now You Could Retire And You And Your Family Would Pay Only Fifty Bucks A Month For Benefits After You Retire But Under This New Contract As Of 1-1-14 They Will Not Give You Any Benefits After You Retire They Said Let Medicare Take Care Of You Or You Can Pay 300 A Month By 2016 With Obama Care So The More Logical Thing To Do Is Vote No On The Contract Cause I Did Make Over 100G The Last Couple Of Years And I Still Have A Hard Time With Cost Just Image When I Retire Having To Pay 300 A Month If I Make It To 35 Yrs And Receive 3500 A Month Before Taxes I Couldn't And I Wouldn't Get Max oOnssSstTill72

Work the occasional period in there. Is it August 2nd yet?

H

hoopdedoo

Informative post...I was new to this...Thanks...Wow that part-time preload supervisor needs to chill.
Perhaps you should click on the "Reply With Quote" button/link next time and everyone will know who you are replying to.
Looks like you are replying to The Milkman but probably not your intent.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

I Don't Know Where Your From But In Northern Cali Under The Company Plan Right Now You Could Retire And You And Your Family Would Pay Only Fifty Bucks A Month For Benefits After You Retire But Under This New Contract As Of 1-1-14 They Will Not Give You Any Benefits After You Retire They Said Let Medicare Take Care Of You Or You Can Pay 300 A Month By 2016 With Obama Care So The More Logical Thing To Do Is Vote No On The Contract Cause I Did Make Over 100G The Last Couple Of Years And I Still Have A Hard Time With Cost Just Image When I Retire Having To Pay 300 A Month If I Make It To 35 Yrs And Receive 3500 A Month Before Taxes I Couldn't And I Wouldn't Get Max oOnssSstTill72

Why is every word capitalized...

UPS_Broken_Dreams

With 21 posts you are either A Stooge already or a management wannabe doing what the Brain trusts in Atlanta tell you to do now that contract time is near. I am sure your shoes are Stilettos :nobrainzombis:

The required footwear is low cut boots, tried wearing stilettos once but I was sent home ;) I'm just a hard working ptmer on the sort isle too stupid to cut his losses and quit. Fed up of picking up the slack for lazy protected union workers while seeing others taken advantage of. I share my opinion on this forum and almost immediately am attacked by the full-time work force. I'm just returning the favor. Have a great day my three day weekend just started :p

A

anonymous6

what is so frustrating to us NO voters is the incredible apathy we are encountering with our co-workers about this TA. many people just see the so-called raises ( don't even cover COLA ) and that's it.

they don't want to look down the road to their own retirements and most are too young to worry about healthcare costs.

it's very frustrating to have your life and future in the hands of people who don't care.

Inthegame

The required footwear is low cut boots, tried wearing stilettos once but I was sent home ;) I'm just a hard working ptmer on the sort isle too stupid to cut his losses and quit. Fed up of picking up the slack for lazy protected union workers while seeing others taken advantage of. I share my opinion on this forum and almost immediately am attacked by the full-time work force. I'm just returning the favor. Have a great day my three day weekend just started :p
It would appear you've done a bit more than just "share your worthless opinion".

UPS_Broken_Dreams

Dude, nobody is messing with our retirement. Sounds to me like you have alot of sour grapes toward UPS and you just want to take it out on us teamsters. Good luck with that.

*retirement healthcare
Yes, I guess I am a little bitter not necessarily for myself but more for my part-time brothers. Most ftmers don't care about us so why should I. Have a good day sir

UPS_Broken_Dreams

It would appear you've done a bit more than just "share your worthless opinion".
And I as an American have that right to share my worthless opinion. Good day

The Milkman

And I as an American have that right to share my worthless opinion. Good day

Yes, It is a worthless opinion. Just wondering what your friend/T jobs is, if you even have one. Depending on your age your future may be bleak the way things are going on in the good old USA. You may never have a pension, decent benefits. Corporations only care about the shareholders. Yrs ago there were uprisings and shootings before unions. I wonder why? Because people were treated like crap and were almost compared to slaves. Miners had there fights against owners. Pressure by the workers made for a better life for us today, something your young butt does not understand. Just wondering if you would ever go friend/T at UPS, nah....can't handle it. Better go into mgnt and become another zombie in the corporate world of selfishness.......and Greed...
:money: