Contract news 3/8/2013 (Teamsters.com)

kingOFchester

yea.
balls.jpg
balls.jpg

jalnar

Remenber one thing everytime we get an enahncement towards technology we get more stops. We will get a better financial package but at what cost. Each cost will have so many more stops to us each day to pay for it. Be prepared to go out with alot of extra work to pay for it. I think 2 weeks off in August sounds good. Its an investment for our future. If i loose 3 grand now but over the life of the contract I make 3001 I come out ahead(do the math). We have tol vote and if we say NO then it just does not pass plain and simple.

rudy5150

III. Informing members that this will not be a quick contract (completed by March 31st). Any raises will be minimal. "Healthy" starting wage part-time increase? (from $8.50 to $9.50?). Sorry existing part-timers.....don't expect much in the way of wage increases...

The current part timers are going to get SCREWED once again!!!!! Just vote NO!!!! Why would he focus his attention to new hires rather than current PART TIME TEAMSTERS?? JUST VOTE NO!!!!!

Delivered

Health care for new Part-Timers...gone in exchange for small pay increase for part-timers. Start $10 and max $14.

I agree, the biggest cost savings to UPS would be to eliminate healthcare for the part timers. Lets face it 99.9% never collect a part time pension.

saintrick

I just do not see new hires being the issue. Most do not make the 12/18 months anyway and those that do are cheapest to insure.

The company has to try and cut cost for its long term people.

Delivered

I just do not see new hires being the issue. Most do not make the 12/18 months anyway and those that do are cheapest to insure.

That's just it, those who are full time now are the last of the long term people. If they get new hires in now with NO insurance, once the go friend/t 2 contracts from now they would love to pay some of their healthcare cost just to have insurance. UPS is planting the seed for years to come...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are and this is why you will see a two-tiered wage structure for new FT hires either in 2013 or in 2018.

UPS Preloader

I agree, the biggest cost savings to UPS would be to eliminate healthcare for the part timers. Lets face it 99.9% never collect a part time pension.

Spoken like a full timers that doesn't give a dam about the part timers... FYI - 85% of the part timers in my building have been there 5+ years and half of them have been there 10 plus years.

kingOFchester

All I know is that I am going to purchase some good lube. I am planning on having to take it deep one way or the other.

I had faith in KH. Now that is starting to fade. I hope it is just poor wording in the update, but I feel as though that is not the case.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I had faith in KH.

And everyone still should.

You didn't think the company was just going to roll-over.... Did you ?

They didn't make almost 5 billion last year, because they are dumb.

There is a lot of posturing at this point. What ever is TA'd.... still has to be ratified by the members.

-Bug-

saintrick

I do not have 4 billion to create a presentation but I figure it was something like this.

UPS's current health care cost = $$$$$$$$$$

UPS'a future health care cost = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I do not have 4 billion to create a presentation but I figure it was something like this.

UPS'a future health care cost = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You forgot another FIGURE in your example.. Let me complete your example.

UPS's future health care cost = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UPS's frivilous spending ( nascar, formula one etc etc)$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UPS's future profits =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There, now do you have a better understanding.

peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Remember back in history when teamsters actually had some nuts :whiteflag:

Back in history sums it up pretty well.

These are different times and a good Union boss and the Union negotiators have to be as aware of the business environment as the UPS negotiators.

The days of Union table-thumpers with little or no business understanding are that ... we all see how well 1997 worked out.