Contract rumor.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
My BA called me at 5:10PM I had just arrived to work the twi @ brown. It seams that the bean counters will not take the health care off the table $30,$60,$90 per month with 10% escalator per year and a revised inferior program commencing the 2nd year of the contract.This came right from the IBT along with flyers to pass out at the gate tommorrow and the number for the Sat. conferance call. Since posts are moderated I will not post what I think of UPS management. Ahh what the hell I think they suck!

It's not management, brother.

It's the weasels that have never worked a day in their life, sitting in a plush office on Manhattan Ave. looking at their clean and pristine hands managing a ****ing hedge fund for some other rich weasels that haven't worked a day in their life for two generations. That is the type of corporate swine that runs this company now. Numbers and production are one thing - but when this company went public, former managers sold their shares to Wall Street criminals. And the same type of high-class criminal that crashed the economy back in 2008 is coming after us now.

They've never lived paycheck to paycheck. They've never had to choose between paying rent on time or praying they have enough gas to make it to work that week. They've never eaten beans and rice for a month to make ends meet. **** them.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My BA called me at 5:10PM I had just arrived to work the twi @ brown. It seams that the bean counters will not take the health care off the table $30,$60,$90 per month with 10% escalator per year and a revised inferior program commencing the 2nd year of the contract.This came right from the IBT along with flyers to pass out at the gate tommorrow and the number for the Sat. conferance call. Since posts are moderated I will not post what I think of UPS management. Ahh what the hell I think they suck!

If that is the case, fine. The union Negotiating committee should just pack up and head home, and agree to meet again with the company sometime in late July. Late July has always been the point in time when the company started actually negotiating anyway, so why waste any more time trying to talk to them in March?

Overpaid Union Thug

Well, I guess we can kiss early negotiations goodbye. That sucks because I was wanting to plan our vacation for the week I have off in June and we were planning on FINALLY using our UPS automotive discount to buy a car. I guess I can kiss those ideas goodbye as well. Contract years suck! Thank you greedy UPS.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
hall states in his letter " the contract commitee of the IBT have unanimously rejected the company's offer and will not send the contract out for ratification without satifactory health insurance"

InsideUPS

Atrociously bad. They want to charge us premiums AND dilute benefits? And they haven't budged, to boot?

Good thing I've been adding to my 's'avings fund.

PiedmontSteward..... just wait until our customers start leaving when they hear that we did not settle our contract. Scott will start to feel the pressure as our stock begins to slide. There is no way that any of our people would accept this contract paying these premiums for healthcare.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
hall states in his letter " the contract commitee of the IBT have unanimously rejected the company's offer and will not send the contract out for ratification without satifactory health insurance"

I don't think ups believes there's any chance Hoffa leads a strike.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
PiedmontSteward..... just wait until our customers start leaving when they hear that we did not settle our contract. Scott will start to feel the pressure as our stock begins to slide. There is no way that any of our people would accept this contract paying these premiums for healthcare.

Actually I'm afraid they really push it then come July say " look at how much volume is down. You all have to give somewhere or we are going to go broke. "

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I don't think ups believes there's any chance Hoffa leads a strike.

I think its our next generation leadership, Hall and Obrien if they do not deliver a good contract they are a gone . Hoffa is in his 70's he will not be the leader much longer. There is a lot at stake here UPS teamsters are probably he biggest labor bargaining unit under one contract in the country. Big bussiness will take stock in what UPS does with its work force and organized labor will be looking to the teamsters to blaze a trail for their respective negotiations. I also believe we as workers are being made to pay for Obamacare from both sides taxes and contributions to our health care.