Cost of Palin's look :

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ya know I am glad I dont have to be held to such scrutiny. I mean seriously I wear work clothes and pajamas.

But the very party who claims they "care about the poor" make fun of her apparel, so the RNC went shopping. Now they condemn her for being well dressed.

If I go on vaca I go shopping at Goodwill, or I have nothing to wear. I shop at the local Goodwill so I am "dressed for area fashions".

If I were a public official which I never would be as I would be shot, I would appear in last years fashions, as she may have. And you know why? Coz it dont matter, its what you say and who you are. And keep digging, you will undoubtedly find something, it wont be much.

Now if it were me, they would find a whole closetful of skeletons I have to keep locked up. But they were all mistakes of growing up. We all have them. So does she, and they are being broadcast, yet Obamas mistakes are just glazed over, and the glaze is clear to see.
Kinda like a Krispy Kreme fresh outta the oven. Eventually the lard molds into the whole part of the piece, the hole of the donut. But you dig it out and its still there, you just kinda ignore it and digest it, thats the Obama voter.

If it were my call she should go out in jeans and a tshirt. Instead of a fitted suit and tie like Obama. Or the suits bought by the RNC. But America wouldnt accept that? Why? Its what most of us are. At least the ones who are going to be taxed into oblivion by Obama.

You have to honestly ask, who is more real, who is putting on a show?

I made my choice and its based on reality. Not on a bunch of BS which gives people hope and change crap. The only people who believe the crap are people who are easily led.
Those of you being led by the messiah are donut eating follow the leader types. Im an underdog and Ill go with the underdog, because he is a better choice than the unproven, unskilled, and quite very not likeable alternative.
But thats just me, and at the end of it all. I will still be here when they are gone.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ya know I am glad I dont have to be held to such scrutiny. I mean seriously I wear work clothes and pajamas.

But the very party who claims they "care about the poor" make fun of her apparel, so the RNC went shopping. Now they condemn her for being well dressed.

If I go on vaca I go shopping at Goodwill, or I have nothing to wear. I shop at the local Goodwill so I am "dressed for area fashions".

If I were a public official which I never would be as I would be shot, I would appear in last years fashions, as she may have. And you know why? Coz it dont matter, its what you say and who you are. And keep digging, you will undoubtedly find something, it wont be much.

Now if it were me, they would find a whole closetful of skeletons I have to keep locked up. But they were all mistakes of growing up. We all have them. So does she, and they are being broadcast, yet Obamas mistakes are just glazed over, and the glaze is clear to see.
Kinda like a Krispy Kreme fresh outta the oven. Eventually the lard molds into the whole part of the piece, the hole of the donut. But you dig it out and its still there, you just kinda ignore it and digest it, thats the Obama voter.

If it were my call she should go out in jeans and a tshirt. Instead of a fitted suit and tie like Obama. Or the suits bought by the RNC. But America wouldnt accept that? Why? Its what most of us are. At least the ones who are going to be taxed into oblivion by Obama.

I made my choice and its based on reality. Not on a bunch of BS which gives people hope and change crap. The only people who believe the crap are people who are easily led.
Those of you being led by the messiah are donut eating follow the leader types. Im an underdog and Ill go with the underdog, because he is a better choice than the unproven, unskilled, and quite very not likeable alternative.
But thats just me, and at the end of it all. I will still be here when they are gone.

Toonertoo, this is exactly why we have the opportunity to make individual choices in this country. No matter what may be right or wrong, as persons, we can cast our ballots for what we believe inside.

I respect your dedication for McCain and the idealogy he represents.

On election day, you will make yourself happy with your choice.

I would not however, believe everything you hear on the EIB network, doom and gloom has already beset this country under Bush, and the only way to go is up, weve hit bottom already.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toonertoo, this is exactly why we have the opportunity to make individual choices in this country. No matter what may be right or wrong, as persons, we can cast our ballots for what we believe inside.

I would not however, believe everything you hear on the EIB network, doom and gloom has already beset this country under Bush, and the only way to go is up, weve hit bottom already.

I do not believe everything I hear anywhere. I do not glue myself to Fox News or the EIB network. I do not need my union to tell me who to vote for. Or my friends to tell me. But I will tell you the only doom and gloom I hear is on local talk radio in a highly democratic town. Some days I want to pull over my truck and cry they are so depressing. But then I realize they are wrong. Then I turn to something that really gives me hope, and that is historical evidence, where just like global warming our country has been through this before, and we will be fine. But I listen to all sides, and then I decide.
I have decided that the downturn we are in could have been prevented, and it was NOT Bushs fault. There is blame on both sides, but I think The dems won this one, hands down.

When you listen to all of the cable channels its easy to get confused, instead of just listening to one, and taking their word as gospel.. If you didnt know better, you would think at times they are talking about two different countries, or debates, they are so different so you have to reach further and decide.

My husband as well came from a family who always voted democratic, "they are for the working people". We both made the change on our own. We vote for the best person based on our experience and knowledge.

Win or lose I will feel good on election day. I did my due diligence, for my family and my country.

While people I work with disagree with me, and I may be the minority once again, Im used to being alone on my political views. It is lonely at the top.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wonder why these people in the media don't go on about how much Nancy Pelosi spends on her designer wardrobe? And she keeps them. Palin wore fleece will running for Governor, she is not the cocktail party type Washington is used to. These clothes in question don't belong to her and will be donated after this campaign.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wonder why these people in the media don't go on about how much Nancy Pelosi spends on her designer wardrobe? And she keeps them. Palin wore fleece will running for Governor, she is not the cocktail party type Washington is used to. These clothes in question don't belong to her and will be donated after this campaign.

I think thats the point scratch. The clothes are'nt hers. They were a part of a PR campaign to make Sarah Palin something she isnt.

They spent alot of money on clothes to create an image not a candidate.

That image was important because they not only wanted what they consider a "real" american, they also didnt want Sarah Palin to appear like a country bumpkin.

The "mixing" of high dollar clothing was nothing more than a morphing of washington PR with a country personality.

Too bad it failed.

It isnt the first time this has happened. Nancy Reagan spent thousands of dollars on DESIGNER gowns and clothes during the Reagan campaign, but then again, it didnt seem to bother anyone because she came from the hollywood crowd and not the outskirts of noplace USA.

PR for clothes and a whopping $22.5K for makeup and hair for the two weeks in september.

That tops John Edwards!! ( and i believe he's an idiot)

No matter, its almost over anyway and history is about to unfold.

The underlining issue here is that John McCain needs money to campaign and he wasted a ton of it on clothes, yet, those on FOX news want to cry about the money OBAMA has by comparision.

Ive seen Michele Obama in the same dress at several campaign rallies, cant say the same about Sarah Palin.

There is someone who stands behing McCain druing rallies, a blonde, young, dont know who she is, but she seems to wear the same grey dress everytime shes at a McCain rally. Maybe there making up for the large expenditure on Sarah by making her wear the same outfit.

Check it out for yourself. Not cindy, the young lady in grey.:knockedout:

Sammie

While the house is burning down, people are in a tither about the cost of the firewoman's undies!!! :no_flames:

tieguy

Banned

The country was actually in great shape until the libs took over congress. this country then took an immediate nose dive. Imagine the destruction tht will take place after the libs have run their four year term.

tieguy

Banned
I think thats the point scratch. The clothes are'nt hers. They were a part of a PR campaign to make Sarah Palin something she isnt.

They spent alot of money on clothes to create an image not a candidate.

That image was important because they not only wanted what they consider a "real" american, they also didnt want Sarah Palin to appear like a country bumpkin.

The "mixing" of high dollar clothing was nothing more than a morphing of washington PR with a country personality.

Too bad it failed.

It isnt the first time this has happened. Nancy Reagan spent thousands of dollars on DESIGNER gowns and clothes during the Reagan campaign, but then again, it didnt seem to bother anyone because she came from the hollywood crowd and not the outskirts of noplace USA.

PR for clothes and a whopping $22.5K for makeup and hair for the two weeks in september.

That tops John Edwards!! ( and i believe he's an idiot)

No matter, its almost over anyway and history is about to unfold.

The underlining issue here is that John McCaain needs money to campaign and he wasted a ton of it on clothes, yet, those on FOX news want to cry about the money OBAMA has by comparision.

Ive seen Michele Obama in the same dress at several campaign rallies, cant say the same about Sarah Palin.

There is someone who stands behing McCain druing rallies, a blonde, young, dont know who she is, but she seems to wear the same grey dress everytime shes at a McCain rally. Maybe there making up for the large expenditure on Sarah by making her wear the same outfit.

Check it out for yourself. Not cindy, the young lady in grey.:knockedout:

Its absolutely amazing they got her to look so good for so little. It proves the republicans are much better at managing money.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The country was actually in great shape until the libs took over congress. this country then took an immediate nose dive. Imagine the destruction tht will take place after the libs have run their four year term.

You have used this same line in several topics now.

The result has always been the same. You're out of touch.

govols019

You smell that?
you can not rebut the point . Its rock solid. Your liberal pinkos destroyed a strong ecomomy in a mere two years. Absolutely amazing.

Just so I'm clear on your opinion, you honestly believe that the financial crisis our country is in can be blamed entirely on Democrats in Congress? By your own words nobody else shares the blame. Absolutely asinine.

diesel96

Just so I'm clear on your opinion, you honestly believe that the financial crisis our country is in can be blamed entirely on Democrats in Congress? By your own words nobody else shares the blame. Absolutely asinine.

Let him vent, I think he's realizing his (Con)servative world is crashing down around him. Maybe we can take up a collection an buy him a one way ticket to Costa Rica.

back to the thread....
In the current economic climate, with houses in foreclosure, people losing their retirement savings, losing their jobs, etc...its seems hypocritical for a VP candidate to go out to the high end stores and buy designer duds for her and her family with campaign money. No one is saying she shouldn't have updated her wardrobe to look professional and stylish during the campaign, but she could have done it a lot cheaper. The McCain/Palin mantra of Joe Six Pack, Joe the Plumber and Hockey Mom seems phony and superficial when the VP is spending that kind of money on clothes and the highest paid staffer is her make-up artist.It seems to me the media got all in a knot about a $400 haircut by Edwards. Sounds like a bargain.

Let's see.... about 8 weeks of campaign... for $150,000 SO FAR would be about $2700 a day. Sounds reasonable...lol.

Let him vent, I think he's realizing his (Con)servative world is crashing down around him. Maybe we can take up a collection an buy him a one way ticket to Costa Rica.

back to the thread....
In the current economic climate, with houses in foreclosure, people losing their retirement savings, losing their jobs, etc...its seems hypocritical for a VP candidate to go out to the high end stores and buy designer duds for her and her family with campaign money. No one is saying she shouldn't have updated her wardrobe to look professional and stylish during the campaign, but she could have done it a lot cheaper. The McCain/Palin mantra of Joe Six Pack, Joe the Plumber and Hockey Mom seems phony and superficial when the VP is spending that kind of money on clothes and the highest paid staffer is her make-up artist.It seems to me the media got all in a knot about a $400 haircut by Edwards. Sounds like a bargain.

Let's see.... about 8 weeks of campaign... for $150,000 SO FAR would be about $2700 a day. Sounds reasonable...lol.
I can't believe you are saying this today. Have you not listened to the news in the last couple of day? First off, the huge bill for clothes was done while she was preparing for the introduction appearance at the convention, she didn't go out shopping, RNC workers did that(purchased with RNC money not contribution money). Another point, I really doubt the bill for her clothing will increase because a third of the clothes have never been unwrapped, they are stored in the cargo portion of the plane she travels in. One third has already been returned to the stores in question. That leaves a third that she is rotating wearing in he public appearances. Her hair dresser? I don't anything about that (and you don't either) other than what has been reported. Is this her personal operator or someone that the RNC hired? Who is she? If Obama's campaign asked you to travel with him around the country to provide a service would you do it for less than your normal income or would want to be paid at your regular rate? Plus, I really doubt this stylist is only doing Palin's hair and make up.
I can't believe we are even discussing this anyway. Is there not much more important things to discuss? Like.............. ah, shoot never mind.

tieguy

Banned

Absolutely. It applies the same logic your libs have been applying on Bushs 8 years. If you hold bush accountable for what has occured during his 8 years in office then I'm sure you will also hold the congress responsible for the nuclear level destruction of this economy that has taken place in the past two years.

Considering how strong this economy was a mere two years ago this version of congress may in fact set a new record for economic destruction. You should be proud of your liberal leadership. No group has ever destroyed an economy so quickly.

I believe the dems hold 75-85% of the blame. The markets all time high was Dec. 2007. The tsunami happened because the senate banking commitee has turned a blind eye over the last 4 years. It seems the the dems were covering up the problem and protecting the criminal activity of Raines.