Couriers during peak dropping like flies

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We seem to lose people to injuries just about every other day most likely as result of management's push for more SPH. Needless to say it doesn't do much for getting any extra help out there. We seem to have more people than ever off on medical that won't be back until the first of the year at best.

Screw the numbers, be safe and if the managers don't like it have 'em find a uniform and rental vehicle.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We seem to lose people to injuries just about every other day most likely as result of management's push for more SPH. Needless to say it doesn't do much for getting any extra help out there. We seem to have more people than ever off on medical that won't be back until the first of the year at best.

Screw the numbers, be safe and if the managers don't like it have 'em find a uniform and rental vehicle.

This company is literally a hot mess right now.

!Retired!

We just got 2 drivers back from injuries, but we lost 2 others. We also lost 1 due to a transfer. Transfers used to be frozen 30 days leading into PEAK, but not anymore.

Express Courier

I'm not busting my ass this year. Been coasting along so far at a comfortable pace even though it's been busy as hell. I'm not completely exhausted when I get home for once.

thedownhillEXPRESS

No one is exerting themselves at my station this year, they saw how hard they worked last year during peak be rewarded with a 0% raise a few months later.

The amount of pissed off customers this year is insane also.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
A senior manager came in with the flu last week ... we had 5 call-outs yesterday, total of 9 today.

Will be interesting to see, if those same people get paid, for the holiday.

overflowed

No one is exerting themselves at my station this year, they saw how hard they worked last year during peak be rewarded with a 0% raise a few months later.

The amount of pissed off customers this year is insane also.
+1 Most of the cool aiders at my station, and there were a lot, are no longer. The no raise thing was the straw that killed the camel.

CJinx

No, stay home! Most of what a SM does can be done from home on their blackberries or company laptops. Don't get the rest of us sick! lol

Doc Sorting Dude

3 of our most seasonal couriers out with back injuries due to ice and one had the top of his finger cut off when he pulled the back door down and his hand was too close to the door...ouch!