Couriers during peak dropping like flies

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Cactus, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

We seem to lose people to injuries just about every other day most likely as result of management's push for more SPH. Needless to say it doesn't do much for getting any extra help out there. We seem to have more people than ever off on medical that won't be back until the first of the year at best.

Screw the numbers, be safe and if the managers don't like it have 'em find a uniform and rental vehicle.
  2. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

This company is literally a hot mess right now.
  3. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

We just got 2 drivers back from injuries, but we lost 2 others. We also lost 1 due to a transfer. Transfers used to be frozen 30 days leading into PEAK, but not anymore.
  4. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Thanks to upper mismanagement.

Usual story, they want the volume but can't handle it.
  5. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

They want the volume, but don't want to pay to get it delivered.
  6. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I've been telling fellow co-workers that just because I'm really loaded, I don't run any faster.
  7. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

I'm not busting my ass this year. Been coasting along so far at a comfortable pace even though it's been busy as hell. I'm not completely exhausted when I get home for once.
  8. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

It is a nice feeling.
  9. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

No one is exerting themselves at my station this year, they saw how hard they worked last year during peak be rewarded with a 0% raise a few months later.

The amount of :censored2: off customers this year is insane also.
  10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Live the Purple Promise.
  11. NonyaBiznes

NonyaBiznes Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

A senior manager came in with the flu last week ... we had 5 call-outs yesterday, total of 9 today.

Will be interesting to see, if those same people get paid, for the holiday.
  12. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the SM... He is salary. He gets paid whether he shows up or not.
  13. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

+1 Most of the cool aiders at my station, and there were a lot, are no longer. The no raise thing was the straw that killed the camel.
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think the point he was trying to make was that if the SM was able to drag his sick ass to work then maybe some of the couriers could have done the same.
  15. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

No, stay home! Most of what a SM does can be done from home on their blackberries or company laptops. Don't get the rest of us sick! lol
  16. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

I really don't think sitting in an office next to the bathroom is the same as being sick while working in 10 degree weather with 150 stops in the boonies
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. Doc Sorting Dude

Doc Sorting Dude Active Member

3 of our most seasonal couriers out with back injuries due to ice and one had the top of his finger cut off when he pulled the back door down and his hand was too close to the door...ouch!