CPC coming to HD...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
There was some chatter about having this function of the powerpad for a bit since ground and maybe express had it.... Alt - t for a wrong address, and waited for a reply while doing my other deliveries.

Hmm, I guess no one was working that Saturday, so I had to code it as 002 before logging it off duty at 9pm that night

How often do other drivers use this?

FedGT

Your life just got more complicated. Now you will be getting a few phone calls a day checking on coded pickups, pickups that aren't yours, or customer issues without knowing if it is express, ground, or your hd guy.
Don't know about working Saturdays but know our Cpc doesn't work after 6PM

STFXG

We've had it for a long time. It's not worth the time to message CPC. 02 it and carry on with your day. It's not a requirement to message them and sit and wait for a response.

Also, ignore their phone calls. They will message you through the scanner if they really need something.

robdabanks

I use 02 few times a week. Scan it 02, bring it back at the end of the day and let them deal with it. I don't contact or wait for anyone. I just keep moving.

OrioN

I've never seen this at Express.

So they call you on your personal cellphones too???

our Cpc doesn't work after 6PM

Ah good to know for the weekdays... They just handed out the stapled pages on how this texting stuff works along with an 800# if one doesn't wanna text... Geez they may as well enable the phone functions of this Motorola powerpad!

I don't contact or wait for anyone. I just keep moving.

Roger that, I messaged them around 1500 and looked at my map with 60 stops to go... So I figured someone from CPC would respond by the time I was done (I had to break trace to do an evening delivery from a neighboring route, gah took 30 min for round trip, so i know I'll be running late for that)

I was done by 2040, was too tired to bring the stepvan to the hub, so I went straight home with it (one of the pros in HD). Woke up on Sunday to hose out the cargo area & did a quick 411.com on that one customer... Turns out that NFL shop forgot an extra digit on the house #. 470 vs. 47! Qa clerk will just add-correct it on Tues

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever we have an exception while on road the information will be sent to our PM clerk who will do what she can to get the right address. She will then have the OMS send us a message with the right address and a request to reattempt.

OrioN

OMS send us a message with the right address and a request to reattempt.

ah ok, your version is called OMS... on an occasion, a code 007 (Ni1 to you brownies) i'll get a phone call on to re-attempt because they called the 800# that they're now home.

Hopefully, they'll stop using my prepaid minutes and go through the scanner to text me

dispatchers research the address and send a msg through the POWERPAD with the corrected address. We must reattempt if it's on our route.

wait, you said you had no such thing as getting texts in your powerpad?!? on post #2?

westcoastHD, i answered that as well... i guess it went over SPHs head

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
wait, you said you had no such thing as getting texts in your powerpad?!? on post #2

No. I meant we have no such thing as the Alt-t. Trust me, we get stupid messages all day long on our Powerpad.

We have the capability of sending/receiving messages from the station, dispatchers as well as other couriers.

OrioN

thanks... we have to alt-L to unlock the other touchscreen buttons to go forth (guess it'll be too advance for some drivers to do so) then highlight the delivery stop in ? and then alt-T it or something like that...

i'm gonna try sending random messages to my neighboring routes on tues, just to try to get the hang of doing that stuff by peak time

OrioN

Damn right. Paid by the stop, not the hour. Not our fault someone else screwed up the address.

yea, westcoastHD, i try to minimize my unpaid stops on a saturday... heck, we have too many 007 (wine deliveries that are not home because they're actually enjoying their saturdays with their families in the park or at the beach or shopping at the mall, etc.)

and add 011s (business closed on saturdays)... gah! i had 14 stops after those 2 codes alone & that's ~$30 out of my pay for the day

STFXG

thanks... we have to alt-L to unlock the other touchscreen buttons to go forth (guess it'll be too advance for some drivers to do so) then highlight the delivery stop in ? and then alt-T it or something like that...

i'm gonna try sending random messages to my neighboring routes on tues, just to try to get the hang of doing that stuff by peak time
Everything goes to CPC and they forward it to the route you're trying to send the message to. They don't want you chit-chatting on their dime.

OrioN

no, i'm gonna use it for work-related issues

for example, when i'm done early, i'd use my pre-paid cellphone to text my neighboring route on how many stops he has left & if he needs help

bumps up my stop count/ pay for that day & he/she will return the favor when i'm bricked out to the cab! (i'm one of the lucky drivers that have a good team/contractor that believes in teamwork!)

that way, we all have an easy week and keep our HOS even

one of the reasons why i took that evening stop from my neighboring route; eventhough i know the pay wasn't worth it ~ i had enough stops to be out that late. he had a graduation party to get to at 1500

---------------------
don't have a smartphone with me; so this will hopefully help me on the road

Tmobile legacy plan ~ 1000 min that last all year before renewal day & i refill it $100 at a time with a discount seller

soc151

Just remember - one of the job descriptions for CPC is "Ability to influence others without authority." You don't work for them. Keep doin' what you've been doin'.