Crazy request from management.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a box that the pick up /not pick up sign does not switch over. I've told my sup about it for a year now. No one has fixed it yet. I have to use an info notice and write on it picked up and then I put the time.

I have 2 drop boxes like this---I have a piece of paper taped over the pickup indicator with the commit time still visible. As long as you pick it up on or after the commit time you are OK.

Tell it.

One of our drivers in another center in our building was told tonight that he was to go back out and "break into a letter box". They told him to they would give him a pry bar and some tape and that he was to break into the box. While giving the WTF look he quickly noticed a less senior driver present and pulled seniority and left it to someone else.

I personally would have refused unless given that order in front of a union steward. You won't see me destroying UPS property on purpose without a witness there during the request.
can you imagine getting hurt doing that and filing the injury report.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, I could come to your area and be able to access the letter boxes? Wow. That's secure.

Yup---my son and I were on a school-sponsored trip to watch their basketball team play in Utica. We stopped at a rest area on the Thruway which just happened to have a drop box---opened right up.