denied funeral leave

Observer

This happened to me. I wasn't getting my bereavement pay for my father-in-law who was a great guy. After a couple of weeks of not receiving it - the driver who delivered to my wife's day job helped me out. Got me some names on who to contact. Told me it was wrong of them to be this way after I had turned in the obituary copy. I did get paid. There is no need to be mean, especially when there is a death of a loved one.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
No but his center manager might be trying to pull some :censored2:. As you can not take any time off in your first year. But that should not include funeral leave
Not that you can't take time. Contract doesn't say your not allowed time. It only talks about receiving abatement for the time. Just because you used up all your sick time doesn't mean you can't be sick.

Gotout

Contractually all bargaining unit employees are entitled to berievement pay, even pre senior employees (<30 days).

Turn in your grievance on the day that your pay check is wrong. The next Friday turn in another one asking for penalty pay. Your center manager will stick it in a drawer and ignore it. 6 weeks later when his Division Manager meets with the BA it will have added up nicely.

But why listen to me, I GotOut