DIAD IV sig clarification =locked to letters, SDN clarification is not... why?

AssistantSanta

I'm confused. Probably because I'm just a "seasonal helper" but maybe long timers can tell me whats going on.

Normal signature clarification: (Say.. IRWINS)
Just enter the name IRWINS going by the letters printed on keys, hit enter, the check mark button and where you got the signature going by numbers on the key. As printed in usage instructions, pie chart key (alpha toggle, to left of little up key) is not needed.

Signed delivery notice:
Deliver, SDN, snatch note off the door and type in as written on the note.
I type IRWINS and it enters I8WIN9
So, I push the pie graph button and turn on the ABC indicator, redo it. Get the name entered
Enter, check mark button.
It asks 1 =Res, 2=Comm. I hit 1.
Beep beep.
So, I have to turn off the ABC mode, then hit 1 before it goes through.

What's the justification that in-person signature can be locked to letters only, but signed delivery notice needs numbers to clarify?

old levi's

blank space
If I thought you really are a helper I would tell you what to do.
But, I don't; so I won't.
You're a smart lad; figure it out.
Gotta be smarter than whatever you're working on!

AssistantSanta

If I thought you really are a helper I would tell you what to do.
But, I don't; so I won't.
You're a smart lad; figure it out.
Gotta be smarter than whatever you're working on!

I don't know why you think I'm not a helper.

I know how to get around it. Just use the shift key when doing SDN. I can't figure out WHY its setup this way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't know why you think I'm not a helper.

I know how to get around it. Just use the shift key when doing SDN. I can't figure out WHY its setup this way.

Because the person who set it up that way doesnt have to actually go out and use it in the real world.

Buddybrown

Hey AssitantSanta, If you're really a helper ask your driver or on road sup. The experts here would rather complain and obviously don't know the answer. Aren't you glad you're not helping them, that is if you're really a helper.

UPSGUY72

This job isn't that hard. If you a helper it even easier stop making it so hard. Your asking way to many questions that most of us drivers could careless about. We know how the Diad works. We understand that there are little quirks in the system after the first couple of times you know what to do so and they are non-issues anymore.

I get paid to work as directed I don't get paid to figure out why something does this or that.

As one of my SUP says you don't get paid to think do what you are told.