DIAD V Tips and tricks?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DKNoob, May 23, 2013.

1. DKNoob

DKNoob New Member

Hi all,

My center (Copenhagen, Denmark) is updating to the new DIAD V and information is sparse. The planned introduction is Monday, the 27th. Can anyone help a guy out with good advice, tips and tricks to make the transition easier?

Thanks in advance,

DKNoob

2. neartom

neartom Member

The damn thing is very slippery due to the polish we are forced to clean it with, hold it with both hands.

3. sigreq

sigreq Member

It bounces really well...

4. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Tell me how it works as a wheel chock.

5. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

Haha...hi DK, the DIAD V has no ABC key, and the keys are smaller. There's a built in flashlight, it's really easy to accidentally hit the function key (which brings up the flashlight option) It has a very large laser field for reading bar codes. Overall it's not so bad. It's not going to be good protection against a dog like the older DIADS. The screen is touch. Use your nail though. I've had better experiences using my nail edge rather than my fat fingers.

6. Tiny Panda

Tiny Panda Member

Its pretty much exactly the same as Diad 4 but with touch screen option, the screen isn't very sensitive so don't go thinking its similar to an iPhone

7. DKNoob

DKNoob New Member

Thanks guys, perhaps a little more detail on how to use it? C.O.D's for example? Reply to ODS?
    TIA,
    DKNoob

8. srvhero

srvhero "leastbest"

As Jim Kelly would say, a monkey could do it !:happy-very:

9. rkctkc

rkctkc Member

If you used the 4. The 5 is going to pretty much be exactly the same. The top row if buttons will still all be in the same place except touch screen now. Cod, driver release, signature, all exactly the same. To be honest you really don't need to be trained on it. The F key to go to menu has its own button now. Same square symbol.

10. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Get rid of it and get IVIS. Lol?

11. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how durable it is. Dropped it about 3 or 4 times this week in the back of the car. No problem. Not sure if it's just mine or if other drivers have noticed but the touchscreen is kind of weak. Sometimes you have to hit it a few times to go thru at the release location screen.

12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

‚ÄčNot nearly as high as the IV.

13. pkgdriver

pkgdriver Member

I dont even use the touch screen for the releases, its much easier to use the key pad.

14. sigreq

sigreq Member

True. Those nice curved sides on the IV definitely gave it an advantage

15. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

It has a strap on the back that allows me to be John Wayne when I holster it. I've replaced it twice in 8months due to excessive finger wear.

16. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

LMAO!!

I only had the V for about 3 weeks before I retired, and couldn't perfect the "twirl."

Good for you, sir!:wink2:

17. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

No real tips and tricks to give. It's a pretty natural progression from IV. If you get good with the function key you don't even need the touchscreen. Easy peasy!!!!

18. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Function key is your friend. I killed a brand new V three days in. Opps.

Yes they do bounce nicely.

19. didyousheetit

didyousheetit Active Member

the best thing about diad v is the speaker in which you have the consignee say their name into. Then the shipper can go online and see and hear the consignee's name

20. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

DIAD V is so over, my center is on to DIAD 8. It tells you how to drive and where to go. Not to mention at each stop it tells you how much time you over you are.