Diad V

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The year is not over. It will be....

I saw it in person.... Talked with drivers....

Seems good...
What changes have been made from the DIAD IV?

It seems like the DIAD IV would be perfect if they could just make a few adjustments to the key locations and eliminate the "shift" key.

talkwith

DIAD V.jpg

I attached a photo of it. It will be faster, have a camera, a full numerical and alphabet keypad and a much improved signature pad.
DIAD V.jpg

RoyalFlush

One of Them
More powerful, much less costly, common OS, external memory, off the shelf Honeywell product, much smaller, can scan from several feet away, scans all types of barcodes, auto focus camera, ability to play video, additional applications possible.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hopefully those cameras won't record while the driver is driving to "spy" on us :O

Just another way to monitor us (kidding of course)

pretzel_man

What changes have been made from the DIAD IV?

It seems like the DIAD IV would be perfect if they could just make a few adjustments to the key locations and eliminate the "shift" key.

No shift key....
No shift key...
Works with one hand...
Touch screen....
Better screen...
Better scanner....

Those are the things drivers noticed.

I thought they would hate the smaller keypad, but no...

Cementups

Box Monkey
I just asked about this in our center since originally it was set for 1st quarter here but have been told it was put back to 3rd or maybe 4th quarter. I would prefere 3rd so I'm not learning new equipment during peak.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Most important for me: How effective is it as a buffer between me and a vicious dog?
I have never had to smack a dog with one but they do come in handy as a buffer between me and their snarling jaws.
IMO: Diad III was my weapon of choice...had a handle, some size and weight. Diad IV still works for defense, but my hand is almost too close for comfort.
The clip-board looked big to a dog and would keep most at bay. Or you could use rolled up delivery records if it were a full pad.
Diad V looks like an expensive crunchy chew toy..:peaceful:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Is there texting available between drivers? Are we supposed to take a picture of every stop? Good to take of EC conditions. Looks like buttons are too small for my fingers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Is there texting available between drivers? Are we supposed to take a picture of every stop? Good to take of EC conditions. Looks like buttons are too small for my fingers.

Texting between drivers would be a huge improvement. Obviously there would need to be safeguards (copies of all messages printed out for management to review, only work-related texts allowed) but direct and timely communication can really make a difference.

What is the intent of having a camera?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Texting between drivers would be a huge improvement. Obviously there would need to be safeguards (copies of all messages printed out for management to review, only work-related texts allowed) but direct and timely communication can really make a difference.

I dont get the carama either, do I take pictures of the hot women I give packages to?
Do I take a picture of my lunch?
Can I take a picture of my load and send it to Atlanta so they can tell me its really stop for stop?
Do I take pictures of were I parked so they know I am parking safe?
How about a nice picture at sunset to send to my Sup. He will be home eating dinner but I will have 3 hours to go.
So many questions about what pictures I will be taking.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

When this was discussed before, someone stated that this is basically an "off the shelf" unit. It has a camera, but, it won't be activated.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/diad-v-revealed-298998/

code5

I would have liked the new DIADS to offere Debt as a payment option. I'm a little worried about operating that thing with gloves on.

CustomerConcern

I can't even operate DIAD IV with gloves. ODS between drivers was available with IV but they never turned it on after initial testing (told by tech support).
Think it would be cool if DIAD V opened the drop boxes like FEDEX's does.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Save the inside tube from driver release bags- that is the dog protection you are looking for.
I beat the crap out of a vicious dog that jumped up in my cab while I was getting a package off the shelf one day. A nearly empty roll of DR bags works wonders on a dog's head.