DIAD VI Issues

ToteHoarder

This thread is to post and compile problems and solutions to the new DIAD and software.

I have issue with the ergonomics of the new diad. It seems to have been designed without long term use in mind.

Also it freezes about 3 or 4 times a day.

I currently cannot complete a stop without being forced to use the touchscreen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I recall that every DIAD issued had problems.
The first ones had huge batteries that died all the time.
Later series ones continued to have the same problem.
It was common to go out with multiple DIADs just to complete one day of work.

This thread is to post and compile problems and solutions to the new DIAD and software.

I have issue with the ergonomics of the new diad. It seems to have been designed without long term use in mind.

I restart mine probably every hour or so just to prevent it from freezing up

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

The very last thing anyone at UPS did during development was collect input from any veteran drivers. Pretty stupid, but that's UPS.

FozziesDeliveries

I have noticed when i get to anything beyond 45 to 50 stops it starts to hitch and lag. Once i get around that many stops i just restart the whole diad. Drive to your next stop and sort while its restarting if you want or just sit there while it restarts if you want.

Some things are better than the 5 and others are worse. The extra steps for many things and for verifying air and apartment numbers and walk up pickups are just plain stupid. Delivering from map view instead of list view is where its at though! I do like how most of the time the scanner is much better and faster. I also like if you scanned all packages for the stop it automatically goes to the release page. It is also nice not to have to scan and throw away a diad notice if you are delivering to a different location than in the list.

One day at a time

This thing is garbage any updates is good money wasted

Whither

Scofflaw
A couple times now I've almost handed away Amazon packages that needed a sig because 1. Amazon hadn't printed "sig required" on the labels (and their crap rarely requires a sig) 2. customer was waiting on me and due to lag and the extra menu ("resi/commercial"), it was only as I was walking away that I noticed I couldn't DR or CIR it. At the business I had to get buzzed back in the door lol. It was foolish of the company to have jettisoned the signature warning sounds. Even adult sigs only get the silent menu prompt.

FozziesDeliveries

Unless the sun is shining bright then it will hardly pick the label up and I'm looking for shade to scan.
Oh yeah i forgot about this. Where i live we don't get many sunny days. With how well the scanner has been doing i was completely surprised that it will NOT scan ANYTHING when its sunny.

Better not bigger...