Diad 6

onewithedd

worst is that, it has gone from a one handed operation to a two handed. Not so much for single family homes but for suites, consignees and apartment numbers. It’s basically impossible to do with gloves on. 👎👎👎

Overpaid Union Thug

Honestly, there's not a lot that I DO like about it over the DIAD 5. One thing it has going for it is the accuracy of the scanner, and that's about it, imo. It's just not as efficient of a device. For instance, on the 5, to view my daily pickups, hit escape button then 1. Same thing with viewing air, which is 1 screen button press. On the 6, have to hit vertical ellipses on top corner of screen, then have to hit 5 freakin' screen buttons to un-select different types of work, then hit confirm. Then have to repeat same process to get full itinerary list. The 6 has an option to view edd in 3 different views. Only 1 of them will let you see what's sig required on the screen before scanning the package. That view will also only show you 5 stops. The other two options the font is smaller, they show 9 stops and 15, but minimum info on them, like address, hin, package count. No quick button scrolling through edd, have to scroll with finger or use up/down buttons to scroll one stop at a time. The 6 also DOES NOT NOTIFY YOU WHEN SMART PICKUPS CANCEL OUT. When you scan 1st package in multi-piece stop, it shows list of all other packages but not total packages left, like on the 5. There's more, but I need to stop. 🤣
I think some of the issues will go away once we actually “go live” with the 6. Many of us have them ahead of schedule and our centers haven’t received all of the software upgrades needed. I have the 6 and the cradle but the OS is strictly Google and is missing UPS information such as navigation and “snaps.”

Poop Head

Judge me.
worst is that, it has gone from a one handed operation to a two handed. Not so much for single family homes but for suites, consignees and apartment numbers. It’s basically impossible to do with gloves on. 👎👎👎
Its almost like they tried to make the thing as un-ergonomic and difficult to use as possible.

No idea why they didnt take the same basic physical design of the diad 5, and just update it with new tech.

Overpaid Union Thug

It’s possible to use it one-handed. Particularly for front door deliveries to houses. A lefty will have no trouble pushing “1, 1, right arrow” on the key pad.

Grindstone

I'm also wondering why they thought it was important to have 2+ pages worth of selections for different type of commercial deliveries. Do they REALLY need to know if it's going to a school, warehouse, office, etc?

Steamer

I used the 6 today. It was slow and had to be rebooted 3 times. The Google maps was horrible for county stops. Too many screens to open up to do anything. Let alone carry packages and stop complete with one hand. I don't see why they couldn't just use the 5 as the model. And improve on it. The 5 was close to perfect compared to the 6. The scanner was nicer other than the loud BEEP instead of a medium beep. I think it must be that loud to scare dogs away.

I told my that wife when they implement the 6 completely that it's time to find a new job. And not really kidding that much about it. The job is hard enough. Why do they want to make it harder?

Ya ya old timers. We know you used to do it with pen and paper. Give me 40-50 stops a day with pen and paper then. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I used the 6 today. It was slow and had to be rebooted 3 times. The Google maps was horrible for county stops. Too many screens to open up to do anything. Let alone carry packages and stop complete with one hand. I don't see why they couldn't just use the 5 as the model. And improve on it. The 5 was close to perfect compared to the 6. The scanner was nicer other than the loud BEEP instead of a medium beep. I think it must be that loud to scare dogs away.

I told my that wife when they implement the 6 completely that it's time to find a new job. And not really kidding that much about it. The job is hard enough. Why do they want to make it harder?

Ya ya old timers. We know you used to do it with pen and paper. Give me 40-50 stops a day with pen and paper then. :rolleyes:
One word : cost

Overpaid Union Thug

I have no trouble operating it it with one hand. Yes, can’t always but normally can.

If you are strictly on Google maps then your center is likely using those early and haven’t synced/downloaded everything yet. Otherwise navigation would include the same “snaps” that you see in the 5.

I’m still getting used to it but so far I like it better.It’s definitely not like by runners and gunners.

dogs.bite.me

I have no trouble operating it it with one hand. Yes, can’t always but normally can.

If you are strictly on Google maps then your center is likely using those early and haven’t synced/downloaded everything yet. Otherwise navigation would include the same “snaps” that you see in the 5.

I’m still getting used to it but so far I like it better.It’s definitely not like by runners and gunners.
There are only a few things that are better:

Scanner

Sheeting closed now applies it to all pkgs without having to assign each one.

Futuring pkgs is much easier because you can see and select from calendar.

Easier to teach a helper how to use (pretty intuitive if you’ve never used a Diad before)

Meanwhile it crashes at the worst times.

Almost every pickup that doesn’t have an end of day, crash.

Scan a pkg and it thinks you’re in the wrong spot, crash

Accidentally tap a stop that opens it, crash 90% of the time.

I think most of that is software issues. I don’t mind that the Diad slows me down, having to go through 10 pages to make a delivery and such. But the crashes frustrate me to no end.

bumped

Every stop was signature required. If no one was home you would need to go to the neighbors house and try to get a signature.

Steamer

There are only a few things that are better:

Scanner

Sheeting closed now applies it to all pkgs without having to assign each one.

Futuring pkgs is much easier because you can see and select from calendar.

Easier to teach a helper how to use (pretty intuitive if you’ve never used a Diad before)

Meanwhile it crashes at the worst times.

Almost every pickup that doesn’t have an end of day, crash.

Scan a pkg and it thinks you’re in the wrong spot, crash

Accidentally tap a stop that opens it, crash 90% of the time.

I think most of that is software issues. I don’t mind that the Diad slows me down, having to go through 10 pages to make a delivery and such. But the crashes frustrate me to no end.
Ya, it crashed on me 3-4 times and I had to reboot it. Very annoying and time consuming. I also like how you can tick off a package if it won't scan instead of looking up the last 4. I just have to get used to it I guess. It was just a very bad day all around.

dogs.bite.me

Ya, it crashed on me 3-4 times and I had to reboot it. Very annoying and time consuming. I also like how you can tick off a package if it won't scan instead of looking up the last 4. I just have to get used to it I guess. It was just a very bad day all around.

I thought that at first. There is no getting used to this thing. Just take it and get paid while you stand there and let it reboot

onewithedd

We had a runner dying to try it out so they gave them them 6, it was bitter cold with a wind chill of -9 within 2 hours they were calling wanting the 5 brought to them, they said no, I can’t run it with gloves on. I laughed when I heard that. They were still out when I left the building. Serves you right runner!!!!

Steamer

We had a runner dying to try it out so they gave them them 6, it was bitter cold with a wind chill of -9 within 2 hours they were calling wanting the 5 brought to them, they said no, I can’t run it with gloves on. I laughed when I heard that. They were still out when I left the building. Serves you right runner!!!!
I have good touch screen gloves that work so well that they even work on my Samsung watch 4. They are like $5 a pair from China. I have ordered 20 pairs. I think that I might give some to co-workers this Christmas. The palm is lined with rubber groved lines. I can palm a big box the grip is so good.

Last edited:

a911scanner

Don't have it yet, but I know 1 thing for sure.

The thick gloves I need for getting through mid-November thru mid-March are not going to work very well with this fantastic piece of poo.

ManInBrown

Don’t worry about improving. The tools you are given to do your job is not your concern. It’s their problem. We had a run for about a year where we were short on DIAD batteries. Told them I needed a spare, told me they couldn’t give me one. Guess what happened. Once or twice a week at around 5:30 I pulled over to the side of the road and sat there for 45 minutes waiting for a pm air driver to bring me a spare because mine died. After about a month of that, guess who got a spare battery every day. Not your problem. Do your best and any downfall in results and service from the tools you are given to do your job is their problem. Not yours. They love people like you. “ Look at Johnny, he cares. We got a real problem solver on our hands. How can we utilize him” Lolol. By no means am I saying don’t not care. You should care about servicing the customer and delivering every package, and messaging in any misloads. But all the other nonsense that is their responsibility, you shouldn’t have one expletive to give. That’s what they want.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

I'm also wondering why they thought it was important to have 2+ pages worth of selections for different type of commercial deliveries. Do they REALLY need to know if it's going to a school, warehouse, office, etc?
And can’t the system “learn” anything? I mean if 123 Sassy St is a private home today it’s probably always a private home but we have to tell the machine every time now... more time watching the spinning circle....easy money I guess. Every 9.5 driver filed for every week after we implemented the 6 in my building six straight weeks going into peak season. And it hasn’t gotten better I’m sure we I’ll crank up the grievance machine again come Jan 15.

AKCoverMan

Don't have it yet, but I know 1 thing for sure.

The thick gloves I need for getting through mid-November thru mid-March are not going to work very well with this fantastic piece of poo.
No. No, they are not. Had stretch of sub zero weather lately took to scanning everything in warm cab then gloving up to walk off package. It definitely slows down the pace.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have good touch screen gloves that work so well that they even work on my Samsung watch 4. They are like $5 a pair from China. I have ordered 20 pairs. I think that I might give some to co-workers this Christmas. The palm is lined with rubber groved lines. I can palm a big box the grip is so good.
Had em.

a911scanner

No. No, they are not. Had stretch of sub zero weather lately took to scanning everything in warm cab then gloving up to walk off package. It definitely slows down the pace.
Sounds like the packages are going to be scanned & stop completed in the cab for more months than just December w/ a helper.