Did ORION get rammed thru your building?

ORION was installed at warp factor 9 in your center?

• Total voters

Ms.PacMan

Waste of time and money, but somehow they're justifying it with saved miles.
Looking at the Orion report every morning, I'm not seeing it at all.
shell-game-animated.gif
It did save miles.....because first they implemented the "no back - drive around the block", then ORION is installed and we are backing all day long and viola.... they show reduced miles.

The real savings is yet to come when they use this data to convince the Teamsters (and the public) that we better take less pay or we can and will be replaced by unskilled labor using their miracle technology.

FilingBluesFL

Orion calculated that I should deliver a school that closes at 3:45 as my very last stop of the day.

Oddly enough they were not there at 7pm.

So 3 over 70's are going to be redelivered Monday morning.

I was REALLY hoping the regular driver was going to be back from vacation... no such luck lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's what happens when companies have too much money, throw millions down the pooper on stupid shiznitt. Crazy part about it is their making billions running the company like total dog poop, what would happen and how much more profit would they make if they actually ran things the right way with good thinking and clarity, just sayin lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's what happens when companies have too much money, throw millions down the pooper on stupid shiznitt. Crazy part about it is their making billions running the company like total dog poop, what would happen and how much more profit would they make if they actually ran things the right way with good thinking and clarity, just sayin lol.
That's the scary part honestly. If ups was actually an efficient well oiled machine we could add a billion or two to that profit line.

Brownslave688

Orion calculated that I should deliver a school that closes at 3:45 as my very last stop of the day.

Oddly enough they were not there at 7pm.

So 3 over 70's are going to be redelivered Monday morning.

I was REALLY hoping the regular driver was going to be back from vacation... no such luck lol
Probably should of pulled for that one. Follow Orion to a T other than pulling to keep from having service failures.

FilingBluesFL

Business is not always dispatched to that route, and no one has even bothered to put the address in the board as a time commit.

When there's 130+ other deliveries on a car, not hard for one to get overlooked

FilingBluesFL

Heck, I think I remember last week the regular driver pitching a bitch fit about it even being on his car, waving his arms around, and getting all loud and angry lol

Brownslave688

Business is not always dispatched to that route, and no one has even bothered to put the address in the board as a time commit.

When there's 130+ other deliveries on a car, not hard for one to get overlooked
I understand that. Happens sometimes. I don't understand y more businesses aren't marked with time commits in the board.

FilingBluesFL

Well, especially ones that are off the beaten path. They can tag all the golf course club houses for a 3pm commit, but not a school that's been there forever.

A lot of those oddball out of the way businesses are always skipped, and they know when someone covers a route, they're not going to know about it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When they leave and leave things unfixed....All this work that should be calculated in before closings, are not, so you can never keep up. Thats when it fails. I have my list I gave to them on 6/03/14. Nothing fixed, major bulk stops at end of day, hours after they close. I usuallly fit them in, but now I am on vacation. And if they can pay someone less to do our jobs, Good luck, crap is going to pile up quickly.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well, especially ones that are off the beaten path. They can tag all the golf course club houses for a 3pm commit, but not a school that's been there forever.

A lot of those oddball out of the way businesses are always skipped, and they know when someone covers a route, they're not going to know about it.
And they dont care.

9.5er

Covered a rural route this week. One small town gets maybe 10-15 stops per day. Today I visited that small town 4 different times. Delivered 3-4 stops per trip into it.
Yeah thanks ORION.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I had a school that always showed in EDD one of the last deliveries, but I had to make it before the buses arrived at 2:45 and closing at 3pm. It was a fiasco otherwise. The answer I received was (iirc) that the school was not considered a business delivery, which is why it didn't have an early commit.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I had a school that always showed in EDD one of the last deliveries, but I had to make it before the buses arrived at 2:45 and closing at 3pm. It was a fiasco otherwise. The answer I received was (iirc) that the school was not considered a business delivery, which is why it didn't have an early commit.

I have the same issue, but mine is funny. The school is a residential area Orion has me doing all the house stops in the area but it PUTS the school at the end for a 7pm delivery. This system is so dumb its not even funny, my building is convinced that FedEx designed this system.