different pay rates??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've done both air shuttle and small sort. I am more than qualified to comment on a position that combines the two. Cakewalk.

I am more thinking inside-inside.

The inside-out combo jobs take a good size pay-cut compared to inside-inside and yes to my knowledge here in NE they are not worked as hard.

But the inside-inside 22.3 usually are worked more than inside/out. This is 3 buildings of exp I am talking from. I understand you are saying there are a few EASY 22.3s and yes I agree, there are a few. But there are far and away more difficult ones.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am more thinking inside-inside.

The inside-out combo jobs (generally) take a good size pay-cut compared to inside-inside and yes to my knowledge here in NE they are not worked as hard. Yes, inside/out combos held by high seniority people actually pay a bit more, but mostly they aren't held by high seniority anyway.

But the inside-inside 22.3 usually are worked more than inside/out. This is 3 buildings of exp I am talking from. I understand you are saying there are a few EASY 22.3s and yes I agree, there are a few. But there are far and away more difficult ones.

gandydancer

I just don't understand why a full timer is not allowed to bid a newly created job open if it is a different full time position. The full timer should have first opportunity then the part timers. Why would a P/T have more claim to the job than a friend/T? That language in your supplement seems weird and I don't understand what purpose it would serve not to allow a full timer to bid a newly created full time job?

"ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES: Section 3.
The parties agree that providing part-time employees the opportunity to become full-time employees is a priority of this Agreement..."

In some parts of the country new 22.3's can be bid on by ft (e.g., drivers), on the theory that the vacated ft position is available to a pt. But that's a crock. Ignores management's off-the-street allowance, for one thing.

Last edited:

gandydancer

uhh, what ? No. If 90% of feeder drivers did it for 8.50$ an hour and I was one of the lucky few doing it for 28$ an hour then yes I think I would be scamming UPS...

So now you are argung that a 20-year employee (eg, me at $23-something) should be paid the same as someone in the first few months of progression ($8.50)? I guess you're scamming UPS because there are drivers doing your job for $14...

Get a clue. You want promotions, go into management, or a different (non-unionized) industry. I put in my time at $8 an hour (plus $0.35 shift differential). 20 years later, I get paid more, even when I load next to a new hire. Just like I was told I would, by UPS, when I hired on in 1988.

Red Dawn

The union has gotten this one right! I am understanding that there is no easy job at ups. However do not compare what a full time 22.3 does inside the building to what a package car or feeder driver does. There is no comparison, and that is not a knock on our hard working 22.3s by any means and they know that. If any of these 22.3s wanted more money they would bid into a driver position or feeder.

If 22.3s were paid the same as package, ups would never be able to hire any more package drivers, no one would do it! JMO

i agree!! I'm 22.3 that has done package car. they all think it package car divers make to much till they do a full day on their own...lol then they sing a different tune!! lol :greedy: