Discretionary Days Canceled?

writer

Preoad Supervisor
OK. That is called bat:censored2: crazy. Usually the company will let people like that stay because they do SOMETHING right. And it is probably important that it gets done right. In that case, let him push the envelope with other people. You really don't have much of a chance (as a PT sup) to win a battle with him, UNLESS he does something completely bat:censored2: crazy like hit you (or hit ON you).

Lay low, he will eventually piss someone off that holds a bigger stick than you do and can win a battle with him.

Right on the money here. He does it by bullying people and gets away with it. Preload numbers are good and he will write up a preloader for 3+ midloads and give suspensions! For 3!

BrownSuit

Any other sups have this happen? Our side of the center got a new manager this week. Ours went to DPS. The operations manager told us any arrangements we had with our former manager were no good now. On my belt I have another sup with me. He had a discretionary day for today I had this coming Monday. We were told we couldn't have them and had to schedule new ones, with both of us having plans. I think this was just wrong.

It seems to reason that any arrangement that you had with the prior manager would still be in place. This is why you would want these things in writing (e-mail) that it is valid.

Just put your time in, let them know it's in writing, you've got plans and unless something operationally has changed . . . You'll get written up for it, take it to HR and when they don't do anything, take it to the district level.

atatbl

It seems to reason that any arrangement that you had with the prior manager would still be in place. This is why you would want these things in writing (e-mail) that it is valid.

Just put your time in, let them know it's in writing, you've got plans and unless something operationally has changed . . . You'll get written up for it, take it to HR and when they don't do anything, take it to the district level.

You know these types, Brown. You really think it's worth going to war with a bat:censored2: crazy? C'mon.... these types are never stopped by such a "silly" issue. Even if Writer got his way he would be screwed until they moved that specific manager. I am not the type to say "lay down and take it," but some battles aren't worth fighting. Especially when the solution will come sooner rather than later. Again, you know these types Brown. He will be moved (not disciplined) very soon for a much bigger issue.

Writer already says he does "his job and goes home." If you can do that, then it IS NOT worth escalating.

gandydancer

... Tell him/her IN THE MOST PROFESSIONAL MANNER you can that you are getting the shaft and wanted to take it up the chain of command and use the open door policy. Let us know how it works.

As a protection for the quality of Writer's job the Open Door Policy is right up there with the Code of Business Conduct and the Individual Commitment to Safety. Hoo-hah!

writer

Preoad Supervisor
You know these types, Brown. You really think it's worth going to war with a bat:censored2: crazy? C'mon.... these types are never stopped by such a "silly" issue. Even if Writer got his way he would be screwed until they moved that specific manager. I am not the type to say "lay down and take it," but some battles aren't worth fighting. Especially when the solution will come sooner rather than later. Again, you know these types Brown. He will be moved (not disciplined) very soon for a much bigger issue.

Writer already says he does "his job and goes home." If you can do that, then it IS NOT worth escalating.

Agreed. I moved it to another day in the same week. This week. Go figure. lol