Disqualification documentation.

PT Car Washer

Going on 13 yrs
13 Years you have enough seniority. Have to think your management team does not want you right now. Just because you have seniority does not mean you are cut out for a driving job. I don't know you, but do an honest self evaluation on your driving and delivery skills compared to want UPS demands. Not an easy job. 13 years in you should know your Business Agent will have a lot more answers then any of us.

UPSGUY72

Oh its been grieved, they tried to make a pre-panel deal and I declined it. So tell me what company makes deals when they know they are in the right? Sure as know this company doesn't.

The company and union (stewards, BA) make deals all the time it's called give and take if that wasn't the case every grievance would go to a panel and cost both the union and company money and take forever to get settled.

Also they can DQ you for anything they want they also can start your 30 days over if you show up late or call out during your 30 days. If your on there radar you could do the littlest thing wrong and get DQ and than again if your not on there radar you could really friend thing up and nothing could happen to you.

Sometimes it's better to chalk it up to a learning experience and try again next time.

Good luck

PT Car Washer

The company and union (stewards, BA) make deals all the time it's called give and take if that wasn't the case every grievance would go to a panel and cost both the union and company money and take forever to get settled.

Also they can DQ you for anything they want they also can start your 30 days over if you show up late or call out during your 30 days. If your on there radar you could do the littlest thing wrong and get DQ and than again if your not on there radar you could really friend thing up and nothing could happen to you.

Sometimes it's better to chalk it up to a learning experience and try again next time.

Good luck
Finally the voice of reason. Yeah, everything you said. Seniority does not give you the job. You must earn it and the company has the last say.

Ive driven for over 3 yrs with the company when the economy was good, so job capability isn't in question. 30 days of driving isnt in question, all of this can be proved via documentation. What can't be proved via documentation is DQ.

Granted I don't know anyone on tjis threat personally and I appreciate all the responses. But where's the moxy, the back bone, this company takes advantage of its employees religiously on a daily basis and makes no mistake you're just a number and god forbid something happens to you they will have your replacement in thhe seat before the dust even settles.

I hear a whole lot of people saying, " well they can do what they want, learn from it for the next time".....etc..etc.

Sounds to me like A LOT of compliant subjugation. If people don't stand up then consistent trampling without consequence will continue to be the norm.

Make no mistake, Im the first person to admit when I make a mistake. But your incorrect thats exactly what a seniority system means. You've done the time and your next in line then the job is yours provided you can perform the duties safely. NO WHERE in the contract is production acknowledged, it's not acknowledged when they fudge the numbers so that your bonus disappears right lol.

UPSGUY72

Ive driven for over 3 yrs with the company when the economy was good, so job capability isn't in question. 30 days of driving isnt in question, all of this can be proved via documentation. What can't be proved via documentation is DQ.

Granted I don't know anyone on tjis threat personally and I appreciate all the responses. But where's the moxy, the back bone, this company takes advantage of its employees religiously on a daily basis and makes no mistake you're just a number and god forbid something happens to you they will have your replacement in thhe seat before the dust even settles.

I hear a whole lot of people saying, " well they can do what they want, learn from it for the next time".....etc..etc.

Sounds to me like A LOT of compliant subjugation. If people don't stand up then consistent trampling without consequence will continue to be the norm.

You don't have a right to a FT driver position you have a right to try to qualify when you win a bid it's similar to making book when you first started working for the company once you made book it's all most impossible to get fired unless your really trying but while making book they can fire you for anything and they don't have to give you a reason. While in your 30 days probation period driving they don't have to document anything they could DQ on your 1st day if they wanted to if you gave them a good reason to.

Bur sounds like you know it all so what we say doesn't really matter.

If the members of brown cafes idea of "you gotta earn your it" means you just obey the company's demand or claims regardless of whether its right or wrong then my idea of union rights and principles differs greatly from the majority on here.

So your saying they can DQ you without having to tell you why and they dont have to put that DQ in your personal file? If they don't have to then how can they prove how many times you have tried and DQ since this contract or I think the previous 1 is where they implemented the 3 try rule in the contract.

By The Book

So your saying they can DQ you without having to tell you why and they dont have to put that DQ in your personal file? If they don't have to then how can they prove how many times you have tried and DQ since this contract or I think the previous 1 is where they implemented the 3 try rule in the contract.
If its any consolation you are not the only one to not qualify as a driver in their first attempt. It is very common. I hope that you pass on your next attempt. I know that if you load trucks ion the preload, that seems to help new drivers because they know where to find things quickly.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes I am familiar with all the arguments you guys are saying, all im asking is does anyone definitively know whether or no disqualification needs to be supported by documentation.

Example: If a center manager decided to DQ someone without thier knowledge then whats to stop that individual from going up on the belt and just bumping a less senior driver.
If you are DQed, it must be in writing.

That part I get, but if they are saying you were disqualified but yet they can't provide the documentation stating when and why then its like you were never DQd.

Essentially your a TCD who has reported back your primary job duties as the contract stipulates.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Lol i started this thread about DQ and if it must be documented. Thanks Mugarolla, that's what I wanted to know, I was almost positive that it had to be documented to be valid.
It sounds to me like UPS had no intention of qualifying you, but screwed up and allowed you to drive 30 days. They are now saying that they disqualified you before 30 days to cover there butts.

If this is the case, why did they let you continue to drive after this "disqualification?"

They can disqualify you for anything, but it does have to be documented. They can start with a verbal to you in the presence of a steward, but it does get documented on paper.

If UPS cannot supply the documented DQ or the verbal with you and a steward, you are qualified. Good luck.

Ups512local

O Kay. I think I am following you now. You were DQed and want to know why. I think it is like your first 30 days. The company can DQ you for anything. If you want to fight it they will say it is because you are not safe driving. Since the Union and company agree that public safety is the most important consideration you will be toast.
What about not hitting the numbers or stop during your lunch?

22.34life

First 30 WORKING DAYS the center can DQ u for anything.of course they are not gonna say it was for production.did u count the days,did u go home any days and let them code u scheduled off.the company has all kinds of tricks.

22.34life

I don't know why they would need a steward to DQ u it's not discipline they are simply not letting u make seniority.now a steward should have them pull your punchs and make sure they didn't screw u.