Ditch the Keys

satellitedriver

I could have saved UPS millions of dollars on the key less start and key less bulkhead door.
Just go old school UPS.
Leave the car running and never close your bulkhead door.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm trying to get a sign posted by the building's exit door that the driver's use on their way to the employee parking lot, reminding them to take the fob off their belt loop and return it to the package car so we can move their package car as needed.

YUP

Just did that last night !! Walked out of the building, drove 20 miles home, took off my jacket and saw it hanging on my belt loop. I figured the wand the security guy had would have alerted me I still had it on. Only my 4th day using it, but I drove all the way back and found they can still use a spare key to bring the truck to the pumps.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont care for the automatic door-opening feature. The actuator arm that pushes the door open generates a resistance against closing it, to the point where I really have to yank on it hard in order to shut it. It would be easier if the door just unlocked and slid freely in either direction.

bumped

I could have saved UPS millions of dollars on the key less start and key less bulkhead door.
Just go old school UPS.
Leave the car running and never close your bulkhead door.

The seatbelt just slows you dow. Ditch the seatbelt and you could also save 6 minutes per day.

helenofcalifornia

I don't use the fob at all. I take it off the key in the morning and put the key in my shorts pocket. When I need to start the truck, I just reach down and press the button. I just did not like making all that jingling noise from stop to stop. No element of surprise at all. Much better with no fob.

Excellent idea on saving time with no seat belt. If UPS thought we could do 4 more stops an hour without the seat belt, there would be focus groups in Atlanta trying to figure out how UPS could legally do this.

JonFrum

YUP

Just did that last night !! Walked out of the building, drove 20 miles home, took off my jacket and saw it hanging on my belt loop. I figured the wand the security guy had would have alerted me I still had it on. Only my 4th day using it, but I drove all the way back and found they can still use a spare key to bring the truck to the pumps.
Yup. There's a spare key locked in the little safe mounted (usually) on the floor to the left of the clutch or brake pedal, but the mechanics don't like entering the safe because they are then required to reprogram the combination.

The mechanics may also have a spare key in their file cabinet.

old levi's

blank space
I don't use the fob at all. I take it off the key in the morning and put the key in my shorts pocket. When I need to start the truck, I just reach down and press the button. I just did not like making all that jingling noise from stop to stop. No element of surprise at all. Much better with no fob.

Excellent idea on saving time with no seat belt. If UPS thought we could do 4 more stops an hour without the seat belt, there would be focus groups in Atlanta trying to figure out how UPS could legally do this.

So, you like to operate in stealth mode. Who are you sneaking up on, helen? :happy2: