Do the porters use blowers in your building?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
No blowers here. Our porters do a really bad job. All bathrooms are trashed everyday, and very unsanitary. Feeder bathrooms are among the worst. I rarely even step into the bathroom to wash my hands.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
According to the California Air Resources Board the types of air pollutants emitted when using a gasoline-powered leaf blower for half an hour are equivalent to those emitted from 440 miles of automobile travel at 30mph average speed.

Add that to what is actually being blown and you have a nightmare. You have diseased particles and fecal matter from bugs, dried diesel and gasoline, oil, you name it. This should not be allowed in any building.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No blowers here. Our porters do a really bad job. All bathrooms are trashed everyday, and very unsanitary. Feeder bathrooms are among the worst. I rarely even step into the bathroom to wash my hands.

The most disgusting rest room I've ever seen in my life is when the hub shift ends. I'm astonished that I work with such despicable animals !!!!
I cringe when I see the cleaning lady put up her caution sign and enters this filth-laden room that was spotless before the shift starts.
She deserves to be paid top rate to deal with that on a daily basis.

Over9five knows exactly what I mean !

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The most disgusting rest room I've ever seen in my life is when the hub shift ends. I'm astonished that I work with such despicable animals !!!!
I cringe when I see the cleaning lady put up her caution sign and enters this filth-laden room that was spotless before the shift starts.
She deserves to be paid top rate to deal with that on a daily basis.

Over9five knows exactly what I mean !
The porters clean our restrooms for top pay..and have to admit...they do a very good job!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our restrooms also are kept very nice during the day. No night porters so they get trashed between the twilight, midnight and preload sort.
I can't speak for the men's rooms but the ladies rooms are usually pretty clean...even at 3am. Some of the filthiest bathrooms I've ever seen have been in Walmart.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They don't even stop working while you are in there too?
All the porters are men....if in the ladies room cleaning...and a female employee enters...they are required to leave. I've gone in just to wash my hands...and told the porter that...so he didn't have to waste his time leaving. He told me he has to....or they could be fired...and he has no reason to lie.

PT Car Washer

I can't speak for the men's rooms but the ladies rooms are usually pretty clean...even at 3am. Some of the filthiest bathrooms I've ever seen have been in Walmart.
Maybe trashed was too strong of a word. Hot air hand dryers and self flush toilets, mostly dirty sinks from when employees wash their hands.