Does anyone know this driver?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have a driver in our center that comes in early and sorts his truck and while up there he will cross out his area number off of the pal lable and write another drivers area number on the air packages he doesn't want to deliver and send it down the belt. Since his truck is already sorted and closed out by start time he is able to hop in his truck and be the first out of the bldg every day and he doesn't bother with a pretrip so he flies through the parking lot right to the road. The sups seem to look the other way because he is a run and gun type driver and really helps thier numbers. You may know him as UpstateNYUPSER.

It's normal for under achievers to take shots at over achievers.
I even find myself going down this path on occasion.
I try to catch myself because I know it only makes me look weak and bad.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im pretty lucky, my loop drivers and I pretty much work together. They have kids and if they need to get to something, I try to help. If Im heavy, they try to help me. That is the way it should work. Plus PAS/isnt working real well with the air, so we toss them about in the am til they make sense. Two of my air stops also have gates, and its time consuming, and they are outta the way, If I have a lot of air the driver in the next loop gets them if he can on the way to his area. If he cant Im going to have a bad day, but its all in the paycheck.

bad company

semi-pro
You guys should feel sorry for Scratch... only two drivers in his loop, and the other one is one sorry SOB. Unfortunately my route/loop bumps next to this sorry SOB's route too, and I end up getting punished for his slack ass-ness. But whenever I feel down, I just remember that Scratch has it worse than I do, and it puts a big smile on my face :)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You guys should feel sorry for Scratch... only two drivers in his loop, and the other one is one sorry SOB. Unfortunately my route/loop bumps next to this sorry SOB's route too, and I end up getting punished for his slack ass-ness. But whenever I feel down, I just remember that Scratch has it worse than I do, and it puts a big smile on my face :)

Not to mention he stayed up all night smoking Boston butts for his church's annual BBQ feast. Already bought my plates and ate one for lunch.
He was looking pretty tired at 11 this morning.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You just create this word? Nice!:happy2:

Not to mention he stayed up all night smoking Boston butts for his church's annual BBQ feast. Already bought my plates and ate one for lunch.
We're about to take a trip through yall's area. Maybe we could meet up and have lunch or dinner?

bad company

semi-pro

I hope he brings some for my lunch tomorrow... or I might just end up having to give him some of my air stops. :bbq:

helenofcalifornia

OK, OK, what's a "Boston Butt?" Cigarette or pork butt? And they serve the best food at church bar-b-ques don't they? Samoan church plate lunches by far the best!

It's normal for under achievers to take shots at over achievers.
I even find myself going down this path on occasion.
I try to catch myself because I know it only makes me look weak and bad.

On the contrary I am not considered a slacker, some days I run scratch other days I do not, never do I get a customer complaint or a driver follow-up, I drive the posted speed limit and follow the proper methods. Every supervisor who has done a ride along with me has complimented me on the efficiency that I do my job with. Conversely Upstate has received more customer complaints than any other driver in our bldg that I can recall, it is rarely that I meet someone that once they find out where I work and has met Upstate that does not ask "what is that *********s problem" either he cut them off in traffic, ran a stop sign in front of them or left a package at a door they have previously asked him several times not to, only because it will save him a few steps as the customer seems to be a inconvenience to him getting his job done. There have been several times that he has had to write a check to UPS to pay for some of these poor DR's, I have seen the check on the center manager's desk. So who would most consider the underachiever someone who does the job properly or someone who does as many shortcuts as possible to shorten his day even at the customer cost. One person in this scenario receives Christmas cards and invites to parties and weddings from his customers the other gets hate mail and an invite to go outside to settle things from his customers, I will let you people figure out for yourselves which one is which.

I find it amusing that several of the people on here have mentioned that they believe Upstate is an asset to UPS and he goes above and beyond which in reality could not be further from the truth. On the flip side it is great that you have welcomed him here because it has virtually halted his weekly rants about road rage, the local strip club or whatever set him off that day that he would write to the local newspaper to be put in the speak out section.

P

pickup

On the contrary I am not considered a slacker, some days I run scratch other days I do not, never do I get a customer complaint or a driver follow-up, I drive the posted speed limit and follow the proper methods. Every supervisor who has done a ride along with me has complimented me on the efficiency that I do my job with. Conversely Upstate has received more customer complaints than any other driver in our bldg that I can recall, it is rarely that I meet someone that once they find out where I work and has met Upstate that does not ask "what is that *********s problem" either he cut them off in traffic, ran a stop sign in front of them or left a package at a door they have previously asked him several times not to, only because it will save him a few steps as the customer seems to be a inconvenience to him getting his job done. There have been several times that he has had to write a check to UPS to pay for some of these poor DR's, I have seen the check on the center manager's desk. So who would most consider the underachiever someone who does the job properly or someone who does as many shortcuts as possible to shorten his day even at the customer cost. One person in this scenario receives Christmas cards and invites to parties and weddings from his customers the other gets hate mail and an invite to go outside to settle things from his customers, I will let you people figure out for yourselves which one is which.

I find it amusing that several of the people on here have mentioned that they believe Upstate is an asset to UPS and he goes above and beyond which in reality could not be further from the truth. On the flip side it is great that you have welcomed him here because it has virtually halted his weekly rants about road rage, the local strip club or whatever set him off that day that he would write to the local newspaper to be put in the speak out section.

I see Goofus and Gallant from "Hightlights" grew up and they are now working at the same ups center

bellesotico

BOXstar
....Conversely Upstate has received more customer complaints than any other driver in our bldg that I can recall, it is rarely that I meet someone that once they find out where I work and has met Upstate that does not ask "what is that *********s problem" either he cut them off in traffic, ran a stop sign in front of them or left a package at a door they have previously asked him several times not to, only because it will save him a few steps as the customer seems to be a inconvenience to him getting his job done. There have been several times that he has had to write a check to UPS to pay for some of these poor DR's, I have seen the check on the center manager's desk. So who would most consider the underachiever someone who does the job properly or someone who does as many shortcuts as possible to shorten his day even at the customer cost. One person in this scenario receives Christmas cards and invites to parties and weddings from his customers the other gets hate mail and an invite to go outside to settle things from his customers, I will let you people figure out for yourselves which one is which.

Wow...so much time and energy spent on one person. Stalker-licious! :surprised:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

You definitely have issues. You became a member of Brown Cafe to bad mouth a fellow driver, by name? Doesn't that strike you as strange? I mean, even if everything is as you say it is, I find it kind of weird that you would take the time out of your day to rant and rave about what a crappy driver/person you have at your center and call him out by name.

We're talking about drivers from our centers that we are not naming, as most of us, including yourself, are anonymous. You've got some set of cojones, coming here and doing this. Imagine if we all named the drivers, mgmt or people we hated in this forum? Sheesh, have some tact.:dissapointed:

Wow...so much time and energy spent on one person. Stalker-licious! :surprised:
You ain't kidding!
I see Goofus and Gallant from "Hightlights" grew up and they are now working at the same ups center
Goofus=stutteringdave?
Gallant=pickup?

sano

Have you noticed that stutteringDave1290 and UpstateNY are never on at the same time?
It has always been my secret fear that all the regular posters on here are the product of one persons imagination. Some guy that worked for UPS one peak season when he was 18. He now lives in his parents basement and runs all the characters on this board as an alternate reality. Yup, just me and him here.:happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It has always been my secret fear that all the regular posters on here are the product of one persons imagination. Some guy that worked for UPS one peak season when he was 18. He now lives in his parents basement and runs all the characters on this board as an alternate reality. Yup, just me and him here.:happy-very:
The worst part about this is that he's so multiple personalitie'd, that you're really him and you don't know it.:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Have you noticed that stutteringDave1290 and UpstateNY are never on at the same time?
OOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOO, tell me we ain't goin here again. We just went through this not to long ago. These 2 are not the same. I don't believe it and you can't make me!:peaceful: And you already know the answer.

And Steve, I agree, this guy has some issues.