Does felony = discharge @ ups

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ray haynes, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

I have never had a felony but just wondering if you do have a felony record and ups mgmt catches wind of it, is it enough to fire you for if you have done nothing wrong on ups time. A supervisor lied about me in a letter to another supervisor that i was a felon. I was fired the next day coincidance ?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you lied on your application and get caught in that lie they very well can (and should) terminate you; however, if you have done nothing wrong and were fired based upon false accusations, you should file a grievance for unjust termination, seeking not only your job back but back pay as well. Good luck.

3. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

Thanks upstate, My local union is working my case and i'm optimistic I will be reinstated with back pay, And hopefully the supe will be dis-missed.

4. CFLBrown

CFLBrown New Member

So they just fire people because someone said you were a felon? Without doing a background check to confirm, that just seems very suspect and easy to fire anyone.

5. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

If what you are saying is true, THAT YOU NEVER HAD A FELONY RECORD, and you got fired because a supervisor said you did, I would contact a lawyer ASAP and sue that supervisor for liable/slander. Maybe the company too. Back pay would not be enough for me. You slander my name and reputation like that and you will pay for it.

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

For some reason call it stewards intuition I think there is some stuff left out of this story.

7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Weren't you fired a while back for stalking? is this the same incident or something new?

8. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

I agree 407. There is more to this story.

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I can't wait to here more.

10. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

I believe it contributed. to the situation.

11. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

I cant prove i was fired because the supe said i was a felon, i'm sure it played a part.

12. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

yeah the stuff left out is i had 2 charges that got me fired dis-missed in court.

13. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

Good memory jones, I was fired for harassment & Stalking and i went to court and those 2 charges were dropped by the prosecution, Because the supe had credibility issues, and the supe wrote a letter to a mgr telling him i was a felon, More lies. this same mgr. fired me. Coincidance ??

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Ill bet there is still a lot more to it.

15. Justaname

Justaname Member

I've always wondered if often you have to dig the truth out of the people you're representing as a steward.

16. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

hey 407 i guess the prosecutor thought i left out stuff to. They just couldn't prove it. What does it matter? The end result was a $97.00 trespassing citation.

17. tardus

tardus New Member

You are innocent until proven guilty. My advice is to try to get a written copy of the letter that stated you were a felon. You might have to get a lawyer to subpoena the memo.

18. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

I was just wondering to those who get-off nailing my balls to the wall will i get an apology once i cash my grievance check for time fired ?

19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Oh yea most people won't tell you everything. They think if they lie to us then its not that bad. The thing is it makes us all look bad when they do lie.

20. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

There will be no apologies. You can bet on that.