Does Seniority count? Honor Exist?

Marshal

Hello! I work out on the ramp unloading and loading planes throughout the night on a 11:45 Shift-Start Time. I've been a employee for 5 years now. Our supervisor was absent that night, so instead of splitting us up another other RAMP crews. The full-timer put us inside the Hub. There's a 11:00 PM Six-hour-Start Time for 4 crews. Three 11:45 PM crews. Three 12:30 crews, and roughly four/five 1:30 crews. Anything past 11:00 PM is 3 hour crews.

Roughly half an hour later, a 12:30 RAMP supervisor showed up and took two of our lowest seniority guys away to work his him, knowing he'd have only 3 people show up that night. The rest of us walked over and he says, the full-timer only let him take 2. And rest of us need to go back to the Hubb. Yet, we have a 13 year guy and myself + two other 5+ year guys.

Aren't they suppose to honor our Seniority? It ticked us off that, a 1.5 year and a fresh 2 year got out of the hell hole of the Hubb. My Union Stewart said he's suppose to honor it and he'll discuss this with him. But, could this ass of a full-timer keep doing this as he pleases? I would have rather been picked up by a late Sup and traded in with fresh employees for the night. Being in the top 10 of an average 100 3 hours. You would think you'd get more respect.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Work as directed. So what? You get paid the same. There are other ways to show your dis like for what they have you do. Be smart

Marshal

Work as directed. So what? You get paid the same. There are other ways to show your dis like for what they have you do. Be smart

Work as directed? False. I was told to go home with the other Hubb people after "THEIR" shift was done. I told the supervisor that I'd file a grievance because my real shift RAMP workers were not done and I'm not going to let a 2 year employee get more time than me, because I was put in a crap area, due to our supervisor being gone that night.

The Supervisor said, that's fine. Go and find another 11:45 crew to work with. And she didn't want a grievance on her butt. I gained overtime and 2 hours+ on the time I was "Work as directed" aka Leave now.

You don't know how many times, I was told to go home by a Supervisor or Full-Timer even on Holiday Dates. Said, one word. Grievance and they left me alone. I never once dealt with my union Stewart, nor any discussion with them after those matters.

Marshal

Did you file a grievance?

Didn't need after the encounter with the Supervisor. She let me be after hearing the word. But, the Union Stewart said he'll talk with the Full-Timer. Couldn't discuss much with him, since it was during work, and he was nearby due to dropping off Sort Cans.

Maybe try discussing it with the sup as it happens rather than threatening with a grievance after the fact. The wrong sup will go out of their way to make sure you get overlooked every day, grievance be damned.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Since you're so big on one-word answers like "grievance," you should have tried out "seniority" when the move was actually taking place.

Marshal

Since you're so big on one-word answers like "grievance," you should have tried out "seniority" when the move was actually taking place.

I did, words were exchanged with the Supervisor that took the two lowest from our crew. Which is why I stated myself, and our other crew members Seniority. The Union Stewart said the Supervisor in that situation was not one to respect others Seniority. Which, I already know. He's tried to force his highest of 8 years to become a Cargo Lear Jet Marshaller. When there's a couple 1-2 years in his crew. Which, I got him out of it, since becoming a Marshaller is based on Seniority of the RAMP. Not by directed to do so. I was once a Lear Marshal for four years. I told my Supervisor I was done with it on my last month of the 13 month contract. They said I already signed up again and was back in. The person in charge forged my signature, having an assumption I would keep going with the flow. He was fired after that assumption.

Just to note: My area is very corrupt when it comes to Management/Sups. "Oh, hi Supervisor! Is it a Holiday today? Aka Holiday pay? "No"-Thanksgiving.

They will always tell you, it's not Holiday pay. Regardless of it even being January 1st, or on Christmas.

Marshal

Also, "When the move was taking place" I was pulling Cargo cans inside the building and looked over and saw both of the our lowest guys walking down the building. How can I be in a place, when I wasn't even there? Riddle me that.