Don't ask --Don't tell Will never work !!!

klein

Für Meno :)
All the more reason to not discuss sexual orientation. I'm not sure the young people are as receptive to the concept as we think. In a civilian world most of us will support a gay persons right to hold a job and avoid discriminatory practices. When a person is however making a decision as to who they are going to fight and possibly die next to the process can become much more selective.
Should I be allowed to choose to make the ultimate sacrifice fighting next to someone of similar beliefs and orientation? And if you decide to force me to fight next to a gay person will I fight as hard to save his ass as I would a heterosexual? There are legitimate reasons why those old out of touch generals believe knowing someone is gay may seriously affect the cohesiveness of the fighting unit.
Fighting and winning a battle is about a group of individuals learning to put aside differences to fight as a team. We can force people to fight on the same team but we can not always force them to fight for each other. Sometimes its better to know less about our team members in order to maintain that teamwork.

You are stuck back in time, too, eh ?
Same as decades ago fighting along with black people, now it's muslims americans and gays.
Women weren't even allowed to join.

Those old farts, (from back then), must be turning their heads now, huh ?

btw, isn't the USA the only country in the Nato that had the no tell no say rule ?
Other countries have moved on since then.
Like Over said : About time to move into the 21st century !!!!

In less then 20 years from now, you'll even see gay soldiers getting married together on a base or even war ship.

We all need to live and work in harmony, to make this world a better place. Simple as that.

:wink2:I personally do not care if a soldier is gay or straight --each to his own. The problem I see -when everyone declares their sexual preference --who sleeps with whom and who showers with whom ??
The straight male or female will now have to put up with flirting or gawking ???
What say you ?

I say you`re gonna be upset when you find out the gay guy has no interest in you.

Nimnin,
I agree with you but gay rights groups are insisting that don't ask -don't tell gets repealed ---when people declare their sexuality ----that is where the sleeping and shower problems begin.
If a male is sexually attracted to other males --should he shower with the females ??? No one seems to be thinking about the consequences of repeal.

What, you think just because someone is gay they are unable to handle themselves in public? That they just run from straight person to straight person trying to infect them with "gay"? That they`ll harass a big hunk like you? Bet there`s a whole group of women who have walked past construction sites just wishing the hecklers were gay so they would be left alone.

Today's military is more tolerant but I still say that, especially in the confined space of a submarine or combat quarters, don't ask/don't tell needs to be kept in place.

Yep , you`re right. Get a straight within ten feet of a gay and his ass is in trouble (pun intended).

As always the ones who question the strength of their own sexuality are the ones who worry most about the gays. Maybe someday the scientists will invent a vaccine to keep you safe.

The "don't ask, don't tell" policy isn't just about sharing one's preference. It includes making it illegal to be homosexual while serving in the military. The "don't ask, don't tell" was just an attempt to protect the gay people from being dishonorably discharged if outed. As was said earlier, there have been gays in the military for hundreds of years, now some people just think it is better to illuminate kicking the gays to the curb.
I would be willing to bet that everyone here knows many more gay people than they expect and would be damn surprised if they did know. If you are worried about being "hit on" by someone of the same gender just think how you would respond to being "hit on" by someone of the opposite gender that you were not interested in, the turn down shouldn't be any different.
btw, surveys do show that the average 18-21 year old is more acceptable of gays than the previous generations.

All the more reason to not discuss sexual orientation. I'm not sure the young people are as receptive to the concept as we think. In a civilian world most of us will support a gay persons right to hold a job and avoid discriminatory practices. When a person is however making a decision as to who they are going to fight and possibly die next to the process can become much more selective. No, when you entered the military you took a vow to protect the Constitution of the United States of America.
Should I be allowed to choose to make the ultimate sacrifice fighting next to someone of similar beliefs and orientation? And if you decide to force me to fight next to a gay person will I fight as hard to save his ass as I would a heterosexual?
You should fight as hard as you can to protect any American in the battlefield, and expect them to do the same. There are legitimate reasons why those old out of touch generals believe knowing someone is gay may seriously affect the cohesiveness of the fighting unit.
And what reasons are those you speak of?
Fighting and winning a battle is about a group of individuals learning to put aside differences to fight as a team. We can force people to fight on the same team but we can not always force them to fight for each other. Sometimes its better to know less about our team members in order to maintain that teamwork. Looked like a home run in the first sentence of this paragraph, but it faded foul in the second sentence....just a long strike.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
now let's make something clear, barry can sign this repeal into law but that does not mean it will ever become a reality.
First off the gov't and the military will have to re-write the Uniform Code of Military Justice. And as everyone knows those wheels turn slowly.

klein

Für Meno :)
This is a discussion amongst real people with normal lives that work for a living. As such you should back out ***.

Hey dummnuts !

Do you know the american and canadian soldiers just handed out school supplies and toys to the Afghan kids ?
Oh yeah, right - they have been told to do so , right ?

Do you know my mom and her sisters got a lot of food, gum, chocolate, etc from American Soldiers after WWII in Germany ?
That came from their hearts though - they felt sorry for those poor kids, everywhere.

Do you know we have phillipinos and other asians or middle easterners on this website (browncafe) earning only $1.50 per hr ?
Maybe, don't be soo cheap and share some of your richness, like myself ?

Here's an example - "darkangel" needed a jacket - no problem - she should get it any day now :)

Left the addy readable, incase you may 1 day have a heart, and help others directly that are less fortunate.
Besides that, you are totally benefiting thru those low wages UPS pays overseas. Maybe time to give some of it, where it actually belongs - to those poor workers ! Or work colleges.

SANY0002 (640x360).jpg
SANY0002 (640x360).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by cachsux
As always the ones who question the strength of their own sexuality are the ones who worry most about the gays.
Well said, exactly how I see it too!

I don't see it that way. Yea it maybe in some instances but not always by any means. Some people that object to homosexuality do so purely on a Biblical stance with nothing to do with their own sexuality. If one believes in what the Bible teaches, homosexuality is wrong, I have not found any passages that would contradict that statement...I stand to be corrected.
Playing the "homophobic" card is probably the second most used pigeon hole card.

Hey dummnuts !

Do you know the american and canadian soldiers just handed out school supplies and toys to the Afghan kids ?

Do you know my mom and her sisters got a lot of food, gum, chocolate, etc from American Soldiers after WWII in Germany ?
That came from their hearts though - they felt sorry for those poor kids, everywhere.

Do you know we have phillipinos and other asians or middle easterners on this website (browncafe) earning only $1.50 per hr ?

Here's an example - "darkangel" needed a jacket - no problem - she should get it any day now :)

Left the addy readable, incase you may 1 day have a heart, and help others directly that are less fortunate.
Besides that, you are totally benefiting thru those low wages UPS pays overseas. Maybe time to give some of it, where it actually belongs - to those poor workers ! Or work colleges.

View attachment 4804
Once again a thread is hijacked to show how great Klein is.....sheeesh

I don't see it that way. Yea it maybe in some instances but not always by any means. Some people that object to homosexuality do so purely on a Biblical stance with nothing to do with their own sexuality. If one believes in what the Bible teaches, homosexuality is wrong, I have not found any passages that would contradict that statement...I stand to be corrected.
Playing the "homophobic" card is probably the second most used pigeon hole card.

It also says "judge not lest ye be judged". Not "judge not unless the judge is a queer trying to grab your package".

Also "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Having served 8 years in the military, I may have a better insight than others on this policy. Keep in mind that I was in the Air Force, which tends to attract the higher end recruits, those looking to use the military as a stepping stone to a career in which they can use their training. Those who choose to join the Army and Marines tend to not be as enlightened and may not be as accepting of gays, especially in a combat situation.

Less than 5% of Air Force personnel are pilots. Also, you must have very good vision and be within a height range to be a pilot.

I am well aware of that. But based on Up`s statement I was curious of his position in the "higher end" corps. It was a bit bold in regard to the Marines and Army. I guess the Navy didn`t even deserve the mention.

Hey dummnuts !

View attachment 4804

Isn`t giving out someones real name and especially their address a violation of the terms of service?