DOT physical

HavenoEDD

A regular occupancy that a few guys fail their DOT and management tell them to go to their regular doc and get a physical. That does the trick until company realizes and then they retake it at a new location. Weird.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I’m assuming, from your screen name, sleep apnea as to why you do not get a 2 year card. I’m also guessing high blood pressure.
Type ll diabetes which I've had since I was young. So actually no not out of shape, no blood pressure or cholesterol issues as I had to learn to eat decent at a young age.

I could assume from your screen name that you ain't gay or nothing, just lonely? Lol... Classic skit.

Trucker Clock

Type ll diabetes which I've had since I was young. So actually no not out of shape, no blood pressure or cholesterol issues as I had to learn to eat decent at a young age.

I could assume from your screen name that you ain't gay or nothing, just lonely? Lol... Classic skit.

My bad. Good for you for staying healthy.

The Bob & Tom Band.

Trucker Clock

What is the GVW restrictions for the DOT card

You need a medical card if you drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs. Anything under, you don't.

UPS makes every driver get one because they cannot guarantee that you will never have to drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs. Your package car (P500) may be down and the only thing they have is a P1000 to give you. If you do not have a medical card, you cannot drive a P1000.

If you're unable to pass a DOT physical, the Company may make accommodations for you, but that would be on a case by case basis. You would not be able to drive anything larger than a P600.

Zowert

We had a place right near the building where they just pretty much waved you through if you had a pulse, that's where I always went.
I just heard of a quack at some walk-in clinic that does the same. All of our heavy set feeder drivers go there. They don’t accept insurance, cash only of course.

Johney

I just heard of a quack at some walk-in clinic that does the same. All of our heavy set feeder drivers go there.
You know I had a harder time when I went for work than when I went and paid on my own. Exact same place. If my BP was 1 notch over the limit they wanted to fail me and give me a three month card. I renewed mine on my own after retiring and it was just a tad over and they passed me.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I just heard of a quack at some walk-in clinic that does the same. All of our heavy set feeder drivers go there. They don’t accept insurance, cash only of course.
Go to any truck stop and you'll see plenty of 300lb OTR drivers who look like they need assistance just to get in and out of the cab, yet somehow they all passed their DOT physicals..

Trucker Clock

Go to any truck stop and you'll see plenty of 300lb OTR drivers who look like they need assistance just to get in and out of the cab, yet somehow they all passed their DOT physicals..

They're out of breath just walking to the foodmart to get more Twinkies. BP meds, diabetes meds and CPAP machines keep them DOT legal.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
2EE2A270-A960-4EE1-B2E3-2A064C4AC3A0.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You need a medical card if you drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs. Anything under, you don't.

UPS makes every driver get one because they cannot guarantee that you will never have to drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs. Your package car (P500) may be down and the only thing they have is a P1000 to give you. If you do not have a medical card, you cannot drive a P1000.

If you're unable to pass a DOT physical, the Company may make accommodations for you, but that would be on a case by case basis. You would not be able to drive anything larger than a P600.

Wrong
If you’re concerned about this you need to check the registration in the pouch on the bulkhead and see what the GVWR is.
P-600s are registered for more than 10,000 Lbs

oldngray

nowhere special
Wrong
If you’re concerned about this you need to check the registration in the pouch on the bulkhead and see what the GVWR is.
P-600s are registered for more than 10,000 Lbs
It depends on when they were made. Old P-1000's were only about 8500 pounds but over 10,000 now.