Double Memphis tomorrow

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

I'm already bending over
  2. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

I get the feeling the pilots are having a lil fun with Fred this week !!!!
  3. Purplepackage

Heard it was becasue of bad thunderstorms, so basically Memphis from today will get here later tonight, and then since there are more storms tonight Memphis for tomorrow will be 2 hours late tomorrow lol

We can't win
  4. Purplepackage

Maybe I'll use days like today and tomorrow for my sales lead pitch. "Ship with us, sometimes your package won't show up at all, sometimes it will come after you close because double the work was on the truck"
  5. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

same here.. story was no pilots avail.
  6. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

"The World On Time.....Occasionally."
  7. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

yup MEM was 90 mins late yesterday and no show at all today
  8. Purplepackage

Same for us, I don't get it Memphis is 40% of the frieght we get. I hope everyone is ready to bend over and watch those stops counts rise tomorrow.

Just told were starting 20 minutes early, why? So we have more time to wait for Memphis tomorrow too
  9. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Holiday for us today which means double freight tomorrow. Of course we'll get late freight on top of that. Probably going to see a lot of DEX 01's tomorrow.
  10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Just drive faster and work harder. That's the way Memphis thinks.
  11. Mindthegap

Mindthegap Ain't got no chill.

Just another way to screw us leading into a holiday.
  12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

This company is very good at it. Can you come in on July 4th on straight time to help with the late freight?
  13. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

This area had late MEMH freight on Tuesday. On Wednesday we got bombed with the freight that didn't make it here on Tuesday. Everything today was normal.
  14. 5yearsleft

5yearsleft Member

Had a 2nd sort at Noon today cuz Memphis had another mechanical failure. It just keeps getting better! I can't wait to see how they are going to screw up Friday. (beyond the fact that 95% of the businesses are closed, but we are still working)
  15. NonyaBiznes

NonyaBiznes Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

We were told that the pilots need their schedules, "three months out". So if you don't tell them, they don't remind you. Thursday, they had to fly in pilots from Missouri.

Guess what?

Someone dropped the ball again, today. No pilot(s).

16. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

Yup. Flying an aircraft is not terribly difficult at all, but neither is being an executive...but shhh, don't let the peons know!