Memphis Hub!!!

Spam

Tomorrow will be 3 days without a plane, is the weather that bad? I’ve never seen this company be so bad!!!!!!!

Serf

What I’ve learned by heart; express will invent the most creative scenarios that are worse then the previously bad scenario you just experienced. On Friday I didn’t get to my route area to make my first delivery until 12:41 pm. With 124 stops.

Godzilla55

What I’ve learned by heart; express will invent the most creative scenarios that are worse then the previously bad scenario you just experienced. On Friday I didn’t get to my route area to make my first delivery until 12:41 pm. With 124 stops.
It was everywhere. First stop for me was at 12:05. So glad I’m off this Monday. I transferred from Michigan to Florida, different location, same insanity.

Bingo

It was everywhere. First stop for me was at 12:05. So glad I’m off this Monday. I transferred from Michigan to Florida, different location, same insanity.
Retired Floridian courier- you will be getting a call Monday morning- what area do you work ?

Guitarman01

I've only been with FedEx 2 years and I've already delt with A lot of the crazy you guys mention. I feel like I'm surviving this job more than anything, like this job runs me I don't run it.

AB831

What time did you get off work

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yep. FedEx sucks from coast to coast.
And if management, from frontline to the BOD, would acknowledge that, and then solicit and enlist the help of its hourlies with experience, this company could be turned around.

But then, that would be like Jerry Jones ceding control of the Cowboys.

Don't hold your breath.

Serf

I've only been with FedEx 2 years and I've already delt with A lot of the crazy you guys mention. I feel like I'm surviving this job more than anything, like this job runs me I don't run it.
It is many ups and downs for sure. You’re at the whim of flight times and the ramp getting it to you. It’s not overly complicated. But imo it will be interesting to see what express becomes in the next 18 months.

Guitarman01

It is many ups and downs for sure. You’re at the whim of flight times and the ramp getting it to you. It’s not overly complicated. But imo it will be interesting to see what express becomes in the next 18 months.
Well between valet and estar making a comeback it might become just that. More complicated than it needs to be. Hopefully not because it already feels like enough chaos as it is.

Empty Pockets

We had two days of ice last Tues and Wed. The hub is still screwed. The night side cannot do anything until the day side comes in today and cleans it up for them. No contingency plans, no common sense, and no one to stand up and take charge. The hub is literally doing nothing but waiting for something to change. The hub handled the Brown out in the 90s better than todays hub handled last weeks ice or the 6 degrees we had in Dec for two days.

FalconAss

We had two days of ice last Tues and Wed. The hub is still screwed. The night side cannot do anything until the day side comes in today and cleans it up for them. No contingency plans, no common sense, and no one to stand up and take charge. The hub is literally doing nothing but waiting for something to change. The hub handled the Brown out in the 90s better than todays hub handled last weeks ice or the 6 degrees we had in Dec for two days.
Back then a lot of the hourly positions with the benefits they had were careers and loyalty carried with it. Now that are jobs and treated as such.