dow jones

Up In Smoke

0.4% inflation for March, 3.5% annualized inflation, higher than expected. Not great.

I predict 0-1 rate cuts for the rest of the year.
I predict 0 to a possible rate hike. The current economy is extremely strong. Near full employment, strong wage growth, trending higher GDP, strong consumer spending, companies earnings are projected higher and household wealth has grown significantly. As an employer I would like 2-3 more hikes to slow the economy and cap wages.

I predict 0 to a possible rate hike. The current economy is extremely strong. Near full employment, strong wage growth, trending higher GDP, strong consumer spending, companies earnings are projected higher and household wealth has grown significantly. As an employer I would like 2-3 more hikes to slow the economy and cap wages.
Reasonable. The Fed's credibility is on the line here. Sounds like the answer is pretty obvious. I wouldn't blame them for another 25 basis point hike.

If anyone thinks it's economy is stable there out of their minds

rickyb

the union rate is an all time low. lots of housing and student debt. car prices are inflated. and what about medical costs? and too much inequality leading to political corruption.

Can you say the word bubble?
People have a record debts and record defaults
And the inflation number is a post are complete bull crap
One could argue we go from bubble to bubble in the modern economic system. Still doesn’t change my investing habits.

Grantham could be right about a massive unwinding but I don’t believe anyone knows when or how it will begin.