DR Audits

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless they changed it there are 3 requirements - out of sight, out of weather, and safe from pets. Easy to find and customer preference aren't in methods.

25 years in and I have never heard of nor been instructed to make sure DR's are safe from pets.

I have released over a fence to a house where the dog tore the crap out of the box nearly the instant I put it down, no complaints came in for me.

If you knew there was a dog back there why in the world would you release it over a fence?

Z

ZQXC

Times a dog jumped me in back yard I would jettison the package and let dog have it but those weren't methods. I drove when driver release was first introduced and those were the methods then and I never heard of them changing.

Better check with upstate to see if your posts still have any relevancy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, cause I couldn't get to the porch to DR it, and I surely was not going to DR it outside of the fence, so it was really the best option

So you knew there was a dog back there and still decided to DR it over the fence?

The best option may have been the one you probably didn't even consider-----leaving a delivery notice and coming back the next day. As much as I hate send agains I wouldn't knowingly toss it over the fence only to have the dog tear it up.

over9five

Staff member
So you knew there was a dog back there and still decided to DR it over the fence?

The best option may have been the one you probably didn't even consider-----leaving a delivery notice and coming back the next day. As much as I hate send agains I wouldn't knowingly toss it over the fence only to have the dog tear it up.
How would you know the dog was going to tear it up?
I'm assuming it hadn't happened before.

over9five

Staff member
How would you know the dog was not going to tear it up?
It wouldn't even occur to me that a dog would tear it up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the vast majority of dogs do not eat packages.
I'll be honest with you, if I did that and saw the dog tear it up, I'd get a good laugh out of it. But of course, I wouldn't leave it there again.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I deliver on Cape Cod and 98% of areas is DR. A majority of deliveries are visible from street. I never get follow ups. Helps to deliver where civilized human beings who respect other people's property live.
When Are you guys gonnah apply for statehood out there ??? lol