Can I bump a lower seniority employee from a bid if their training is on hold too long?

toombi

Hi. So during peak, we had supervisors asking down the seniority list if any of us would like to drive utility. I declined at the time, but would have said yes if asked today. Well there are 2 guys with lower seniority than me who accepted the offer and trained for a week each driving a route in a package car. But they have both been working preload since then and it's been about a month since they were on-road. Their training seems to be put on hold. My question is: Could I bump one of them if their training is on hold for too long and take one of their spots, or will I have to wait for another chance? Does the contract say anything about this?

Nah
Hi. So during peak, we had supervisors asking down the seniority list if any of us would like to drive utility. I declined at the time, but would have said yes if asked today. Well there are 2 guys with lower seniority than me who accepted the offer and trained for a week each driving a route in a package car. But they have both been working preload since then and it's been about a month since they were on-road. Their training seems to be put on hold. My question is: Could I bump one of them if their training is on hold for too long and take one of their spots, or will I have to wait for another chance? Does the contract say anything about this?
Some supplements say you have to complete your 30 days within a certain timeframe (usually 90 days). If that's the case where you are, you may be able to get one of their spots after the 90 days (or whatever it is). Otherwise, probably not.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Go ahead. But, I'd start carrying 3 more spare tires in your vehicle. Just sayin'.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What changed your mind in three weeks?

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
NO , until your qualified that’s when it matters ,
everyone is SEASONAL AT THIS POINT
🧔‍♂️✊