Driver training Driver

16tons

Anyone else seeing this? Had my first trainee last week, about 50 years old and didn't think he should have to buckle up because "he's seat was low no one could see him, and it would save time"... He also didn't want to use handrail because "I've got a bad shoulder". 100 plus in his driving class and THEY ALL PASSED!!!! Retired Managment taught the class, skipped over daid V training, and from the sound of it mostly told stories.... Trainee couldn't even tell me the 5 seeing habits, just the what. Not how or what does it do or key phrases.

WE ARE READY! (For what, I'm not sure)

Anyone else seeing this? Had my first trainee last week, about 50 years old and didn't think he should have to buckle up because "he's seat was low no one could see him, and it would save time"... He also didn't want to use handrail because "I've got a bad shoulder". 100 plus in his driving class and THEY ALL PASSED!!!! Retired Managment taught the class, skipped over daid V training, and from the sound of it mostly told stories.... Trainee couldn't even tell me the 5 seeing habits, just the what. Not how or what does it do or key phrases.

WE ARE READY! (For what, I'm not sure)
I would have called my sup. Come get this POS,out of my truck.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We are training drivers using driver trainers but they sent drivers to MDST class to do it.

Our trainees driving school is being taught by a PT sup who went to school to do it hit has no driving experience but at least he's been at ups for a while.

All our seasonal drivers are doing good though. My center seems to be as ready as we can be. Unfortunately I think we will be hammered beyond our capacity once again through no fault of our own.

16tons

Our class had division Managment teaching it, and it was well done.

However the people they are sending us to train are not "self motivated" or even "trainable".

I called center manager he said that driver was expected to run a rte solo in 6 days... I asked to be in another loop!

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
...Retired Managment taught the class.... Trainee couldn't even tell me the 5 seeing habits, just the what. Not how or what does it do or key phrases.
Retired manager trained the class the way he was taught back in the day. There were no "key phrases" until several years ago. All we had to learn was "All Good Kids Like Milk".

M

Mike hunt

We have had a couple of 50 year olds qualify. Ups has to take what they can get.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

With an economy and unemployment rate like the United States has you would think ups has a big pool of new employees to choose from.......we are getting all guys over 40 here as well who look like they were all beaten down by life already

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
With an economy and unemployment rate like the United States has you would think ups has a big pool of new employees to choose from.......we are getting all guys over 40 here as well who look like they were all beaten down by life already
And if they aren't beaten down, within the first year UPS will ensure they are. At this rate, UPS won't have to worry about pensions, most will leave after 5 years from abuse and breakdowns.

UPSGUY72

I had a Peak trainee Last Friday. We get $.50 more and hour when we are training someone. It was better than having a helper at she did everything but drive the package car. I could have sat in me seat all day and just gave instructions and pointers on how to make the day go by smoother.

Over all it was a good day she was a helper last year so that helped out a lot.