Drivers cheating to tear up routes

Cowboy Mac

The process of getting jaded takes time. Just let nature take its course. Management will start piling on the stops and they'll be coming to take stops off some of the more "safer" drivers. First they may stop looking at the computer in the morning, then they actually might take a real break....and then, maybe actually take a dump on the clock. Eventually all this builds up and that last straw will turn them into the Teamster that's was dying to get out.
That or they lose their minds and shoot up the place.

nWo

Idc how long it takes someone else to finish a route. One guy might finish two hours quicker than me. The next guy might take two hours more than me. Im taking it one stop at a time regardless. If management thinks I'm taking too long then they can send me help.

Back From Break
when I point out that the off the the clock work is cheating yourself and his union brothers and sisters, they say that it’s their business. It irritates me.

If it irritates you that much, you can put a stop to it. Although, the Steward should not let this be happening.

This...

Put in a grievance. Can't work off the clock.

Article 17 NMUPSA

The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The nuclear option is a complaint to your state labor board. One thing the company hates more than anything is answering to government regulators. Ask to be kept anonymous as a whistle blower.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
when I point out that the off the the clock work and speeding is cheating yourself and his union brothers and sisters, they say that it’s their business. It irritates me.
Grieve it you have more seniority than whoever is working
Extra work is offered in seniority order

Once it costs ups a few dollars it will stop
I’ve seen it happen

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
We have a couple newer drivers who brag about how much they’re under allowed. They come in early to set up their truck. One guy admits to speeding and justifies by saying he knows all the cops on his route, and when I point out that the off the the clock work and speeding is cheating yourself and his union brothers and sisters, they say that it’s their business. It irritates me.
Laugh 3 inches from their face when they get walked off/injured off the clock

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Maybe they'll slow eventually but I knew guys who ran like that their whole careers. There's a guy in my old feeder group who was like that in package and still does the exact same thing in feeders, driving up and down the road at 100mph and doing everything he can to get off the clock in under 8 hours. He's got 27 years in so I doubt he's gonna change.
He will when he royally screws up a Class A road barge at that speed

Overpaid Union Thug

Do your job and mind your own business
Trouble is, these runner-gunners burn it up, making management judge other drivers differently. Now, you will say, we don't pay attention to numbers. True, but who need the unnecessary attention?
And the runners, through their stupidity, get stops and pickups added to routes that were already barely dispatched fairly. Or worse. That makes it EVERY driver’s business.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Trouble is, these runner-gunners burn it up, making management judge other drivers differently. Now, you will say, we don't pay attention to numbers. True, but who need the unnecessary attention?

And the runners, through their stupidity, get stops and pickups added to routes that were already barely dispatched fairly. Or worse. That makes it EVERY driver’s business.
You guys sound lazy, just pick up the pace and there won't be problems

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
You guys sound lazy, just pick up the pace and there won't be problems
there you go you lazy bastards, orion wants you to make your first 20 stops out of the middle of your 4 and 6 shelves? just pick up the pace. push those mattresses and stationary bikes out of the way, grab that envelope that was hiding under the box that was on the wrong shelf to begin with and make that delivery in 18 seconds, problem solved.

El Correcto

god is dead
We have a couple newer drivers who brag about how much they’re under allowed. They come in early to set up their truck. One guy admits to speeding and justifies by saying he knows all the cops on his route, and when I point out that the off the the clock work and speeding is cheating yourself and his union brothers and sisters, they say that it’s their business. It irritates me.
Don’t go out of your way to talk to those people.
Just walk by their over dispatched truck and laugh, then head to your cushy 9.5 day and do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

If you want to argue with idiots your time is better spent in the current events section, not at work.

Box Ox

If you want to argue with idiots your time is better spent in the current events section
(raises hand)

56nfke.jpg