Bonus is a scam but to what degree

Brownsocks

Just a dog
and watch the bonus babies whine
I get bonus everyday, follow methods every day, and I would love to see the bonus system gone.
I hit bonus because I don't goof off for 20 minutes talking to Jason at a pickup, I don't bull:censored2: with Alice while I load up at the UPS store, and I don't take 30 minutes to :censored2: at my favorite spot. I don't look at my cellphone during the day, and I provide very professional and blunt customer service. People have called me a runner, but after many near perfect observations that is disputed. I make 44.50 to do my job in a safe and efficient way and that's what I do. A little hustle in your step combined with years on a route is all you need. That being said, people who seek bonus tend to be less safe. I don't seek bonus, it just happens because I have something called a work ethic.

oldngray

nowhere special
I get bonus everyday, follow methods every day, and I would love to see the bonus system gone.
I hit bonus because I don't goof off for 20 minutes talking to Jason at a pickup, I don't bull:censored2: with Alice while I load up at the UPS store, and I don't take 30 minutes to :censored2: at my favorite spot. I don't look at my cellphone during the day, and I provide very professional and blunt customer service. People have called me a runner, but after many near perfect observations that is disputed. I make 44.50 to do my job in a safe and efficient way and that's what I do. A little hustle in your step combined with years on a route is all you need. That being said, people who seek bonus tend to be less safe. I don't seek bonus, it just happens because I have something called a work ethic.
UPS can change the numbers at any time to reduce or eliminate the bonus on any route. They will usually leave a couple alone as teasers but every time I saw a center start bonus within months most routes could barely be scratched if you took your breaks. And if you made too much in bonus they would adjust it to take it away if you weren't one of their favorites. And without a doubt it tends to create an unsafe work environment. Not to mention promote selfishness and have drivers unwilling to help each other.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
UPS can change the numbers at any time to reduce or eliminate the bonus on any route. They will usually leave a couple alone as teasers but every time I saw a center start bonus within months most routes could barely be scratched if you took your breaks. And if you made too much in bonus they would adjust it to take it away if you weren't one of their favorites. And without a doubt it tends to create an unsafe work environment. Not to mention promote selfishness and have drivers unwilling to help each other.
I agree with this 100%. If I get done before 1700 someone's calling me to grab a pickup or take 15 off the guy next door. People who are getting a couple hours bonus everyday never help. My bonus when I dont uave to help is consistently 5-20 min/day.That being said, It does get old helping guys that are 2.5 hours over on mostly resi routes every cover is close to even on.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
And good standards on your route?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
1697019146400248.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I agree with this 100%. If I get done before 1700 someone's calling me to grab a pickup or take 15 off the guy next door. People who are getting a couple hours bonus everyday never help. My bonus when I dont uave to help is consistently 5-20 min/day.That being said, It does get old helping guys that are 2.5 hours over on mostly resi routes every cover is close to even on.
Never help? They dictate to management?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can say from having to help people that there different ways people sort and organize (or lack there of) of their package car. I've seen some drivers to can't find a stop just look for that stop. I sort my packages in order until I find that missing delivery package.
Oh you poor sobs. I have timeframes for pickups and priority sections for saving time at businesses and beating traffic(and my own damn lunch) to meet. If I can't finish a section I am not going to sort because it inherently implies a return to area the sort must happen later. People out here actually thinking I have time for everything.

If I unloaded the whole truck in the morning and re-sorted I would come back in later because I missed so many different timestamps and ended up waiting for people to answer, waiting for streets to unclog, school getting out in front of me, pickups acting strange etc.

Last edited:

JL 0513

If you are seen running lunch here and continue to after warning you get fired. We recently lost one in the local who just didn't want to take lunch for some absurd reason.