drop box mishap

Hi everyone I'd just like to update anyone that was wondering what happened.

I called UPS several times, and finally one representative directed to speak with the local drop off building. They called me to say that nothing was found in the drop box and the driver hadn't seen anything there for the passed week. This got me panicking for a while, but about 2 hours later they called me back. They driver had returned to the box and checked the latch and found the package stuck there (but it was so small). Now it's on its way to its destination and everything's good.
Glad you told us......now we can all go to sleep!!

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
When your Dropbox won't open for 3 days. Bring it in they say.
20211105_171940.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
On Tuesday July 9 (4 days ago). I dropped off my RMA nexus 4 at a ups drop box, with the shipping label Google sent me printed on it. It's Saturday and there's still no tracking information for the package on the site. Should I be worried? I live in Vancouver, BC so I would assume that the box is emptied out quite a bit. I really hope it's not lost because then I would be charged $400. Should I for a claim? Start looking for it?
Thanks that thing works like a champ

rod

Retired 22 years

I called UPS several times, and finally one representative directed to speak with the local drop off building. They called me to say that nothing was found in the drop box and the driver hadn't seen anything there for the passed week. This got me panicking for a while, but about 2 hours later they called me back. They driver had returned to the box and checked the latch and found the package stuck there (but it was so small). Now it's on its way to its destination and everything's good.

rod

Retired 22 years

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm wondering if anyone can explain how this would be possible in a scenario that the package wasn't lost or stolen.
I printed the shipping label from what google sent me. What happens if the barcode was scratched off and unable to be scanned? would ups return the parcel to my house (the returning address)?
How do you know it wasn’t lost or stolen
Good chance it was one or the other