Drugs through UPS...

And anti-depresants are any different? prozac, zoloft, lexapro, xanax, etc. But of course the government tells us those drugs are ok for us to have....

It's a debatable issue, but I'm not going to get into it here.
Depression is sometimes(often actually) a result of a chemical imbalance, which can be treated with meds such as you mentioned. It's not just the government, it is medical science.

demetriddp

abomination of nature
Depression is sometimes(often actually) a result of a chemical imbalance, which can be treated with meds such as you mentioned. It's not just the government, it is medical science.

for some people yes I agree. But for a lot of people they don't work. And I talk from first hand experience, they did nothing for me.

As a matter of fact they made me worse. Anti-depressants have HORRIBLE side effects. Like shocks or zaps in the brain for example. I could not fall asleep on them as well, ton of other people complain about it too.

trouble maker

And anti-depresants are any different? prozac, zoloft, lexapro, xanax, etc. But of course the government tells us those drugs are ok for us to have....

It's a debatable issue, but I'm not going to get into it here.
Hey dem, are you a ups employee or what? Sounds like you are looking for info for your own personal use.

sano

As a matter of fact they made me worse. Anti-depressants have HORRIBLE side effects.

Side effects are possible with any mind altering drug.
That is why intelligent people don't try drugs unless they are under doctor supervision.
Also, depression is much more likely for users of certain recreational drugs. (This statement is in no way suggesting that every person that has depression is a drug user. depression is a serious medical condition. Not unlike heart disease or diabetes.)

demetriddp

abomination of nature
Side effects are possible with any mind altering drug.
That is why intelligent people don't try drugs unless they are under doctor supervision.
Also, depression is much more likely for users of certain recreational drugs. (This statement is in no way suggesting that every person that has depression is a drug user. depression is a serious medical condition. Not unlike heart disease or diabetes.)

Yeah and some sick people are prescribed medical marijuana by their doctor and are put in prison by the federal government for using it. It's bull****.

People who start using recreational drugs could also already be depressed from a trumatic childhood, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah and some sick people are prescribed medical marijuana by their doctor and are put in prison by the federal government for using it. It's bull****.

And yeah, but people who start using recreational drugs are most likely already depressed from a trumatic childhood, etc.

So peer pressure has little or nothing to do with it?!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
UPS will not turn down any kind of revenue stream. If its prepaid its up to the local "po po" and LP to find. In our building we had US Customs come by after the sort was done and make a run through.

I also had a suspicious delivery. This guy was waiting in front of a garage of a house that was abandoned years ago, after showing me his ID, I let him sign and he was merrily on his way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think anyone was saying that it is our responsibility or that we have some sort of duty to report the contents of a particular package. Scratch relayed some scenarios where it was simply better to deliver the pkg no questions asked. The OP was simply inquiring as to whether drugs are sent through our system.

Now, I do believe that UPS, or any other carrier, has an obligation to cooperate with the authorities if a suspicious package is found in our system, but not to the point where it puts any of our employees or mgt in harms way.

mainebrown

US Customs asked if they can sniff my tuck when i had a delivery for them, they were training a new drug dog. They told me to sit back and relax and watch the dog in action. The customs agent placed a small amount of hash on the top shelf between packages and within 30 secs the dog found it.

I don't disagree with you on this. What I don't understand is why a doctor would prescribe medical marijuana knowing full well that it is illegal in the state where they live.
People who start using recreational drugs could also already be depressed from a trumatic childhood, etc.

Give me a huge break on this. I don't buy the "traumatic" childhood as a valid excuse for illegal drug use. That has been misused to death on so many levels.

demetriddp

abomination of nature
I don't disagree with you on this. What I don't understand is why a doctor would prescribe medical marijuana knowing full well that it is illegal in the state where they live.

----------------------------------------

NO it's legal in the state like california for example, but it's still illegal under federal law. So it doesn't matter if it's legal in the state, the federal government stil puts them in prison.

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
If you have a drug dealer or a crack house on your route you are obligated to fill out the proper forms and submitted to proper UPS personal so it can be checked into.