Eff’d Up Power Pads: Need to Vent

HedleyLamarr

On a regular or on call stop, the time that gets locked in is the time you scan your first piece. No more opening up a stop to avoid a late while you are driving. We had lots of lates at are station right after the Leo first came out because of this.

falcon back

On a regular or on call stop, the time that gets locked in is the time you scan your first piece. No more opening up a stop to avoid a late while you are driving. We had lots of lates at are station right after the Leo first came out because of this.
Why would you falsify to save a late pu or del? That is something rookies or incompetent couriers do. Getting terminated for that is very foolish and very permanent,

HedleyLamarr

Why would you falsify to save a late pu or del? That is something rookies or incompetent couriers do. Getting terminated for that is very foolish and very permanent,
People do it. Dispatch actually sent out a message telling couriers that opening stops up early to avoid lates doesn't work on the Leo so stop doing it!

Star B

White Lightening
It’s just as good/bad as the PPAD, but the “same as last” thing is the big drawback with airbills.
I have a feeling it's coming back -- they had a feature freeze over peak.
Also you can't go back and reopen ur last pup. So don't end stop til ur really all done
Yeah, I also have a feeling their going to program a "you really want to close this stop" popup when you hit close stop. Too many CRRs at our station accidentally close the stop while scanning because their using the soft button and not the side buttons.

falcon back

People do it. Dispatch actually sent out a message telling couriers that opening stops up early to avoid lates doesn't work on the Leo so stop doing it!
It's still falsifying. Have seen several terminations as a result of doing that on pu and beginning the POD scan way before the address. Not worth risking your job for such a foolish action. To each his own.

MassWineGuy

There have been times when managers told me to open and scan a stop to avoid a late. But now, this won’t be possible.

Star B

White Lightening
There have been times when managers told me to open and scan a stop to avoid a late. But now, this won’t be possible.
As soon as you scan it stops the clock. The PowerPads you used to just go into the first screen of the stop (with the information) and that would stop the clock.

falcon back

Let something happen with a pu or delivery and watch that same manager deny telling you that. If that same manager told you to put gas in your personal car and use the company credit card, would you? I lasted over 40 years by following the rules and trying not to do anything that would cost me my job. Seems very easy to do but many people have lost their jobs by doing very dumb things.

Star B

White Lightening
And with Leo it doesn’t stop the clock? How and why wouldn’t it?

Opening a stop just meant opening it up (with no scans) on the PPAD to stop the clock, but on the LEO, you have to open AND scan a package for the clock to stop.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Opening a stop just meant opening it up (with no scans) on the PPAD to stop the clock, but on the LEO, you have to open AND scan a package for the clock to stop.
That's why I always carried an airbill in the cab with me if needed. Scan it to stop the clock, void it before you close the stop.

falcon back

That's why I always carried an airbill in the cab with me if needed. Scan it to stop the clock, void it before you close the stop.
Where did you learn to do your job? Openly falsifying for no reason. That is just crazy. I wouldn't make any large purchases because you put your job in danger ever time you do that.