Embassy Attacks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster edited the original disgusting post with a cop out of a reason.

Here is the picture roadrunner asked the Mods to delete and when I did, he said I copped out.
I don't want to cop out so the picture goes back up.
488217_364784086935129_1868486922_n.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Posting a picture of a dead American hero is unacceptable. For Romney to politicize an attack on America as it is unfolding is almost as tasteless as Baba's post.

If any of you would bother to examine the actual facts available, and the timeline in question, you would perhaps see how ridiculous and distasteful your posts are.

Did you protest when the contractors were butchered and hung on a bridge in Iraq ?
They too were our citizens .
If you are incapable of what the real truth looks like then Current Affairs should be avoided .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Did you protest when the contractors were butchered and hung on a bridge in Iraq ?
They too were our citizens .
If you are incapable of what the real truth looks like then Current Affairs should be avoided .

Those "contractors" in IRAQ were murderous thugs working for BLACKWATER. They had been shooting randomly from their vehicle at civilians when they were captured, tortured , Killed, hung and then burned.

Dont treat them like choir boys, BLACKWATER contractors before they were thrown out of country were mercenary animals. While I did not cheer, I also didnt shed any tears.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Egypt to take legal action in US against Prophet film makers[/h]
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi asked the Egyptian embassy in Washington to take legal action in the United States against makers of a film attacking the Muslim Prophet Mohammad, the official state news agency said on Wednesday.

Morsi had requested the mission take "all legal measures", the MENA agency said, without giving further details on what that might involve. (Reuters)

Fine if they want to do this , then it is only fitting that we get to do the same in their country.
We should demand that all anti-USA protesters be shot on sight.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think we should see this kind of brutality every day, as this is reality. Sorry if it bothers anyone, as did the guys hanging from the bridges, or the guys getting their heads chopped off. Turn on the tv, you will see it, until it is deemed to be too much for us to see. Or the people jumping out of skyscrapers, instead of burning to death, too much for us. Who makes that call? Its what we face, its who they are. Its here, its now. I dont like to look at it either,but that doesnt make it go away.

Posting a picture of a dead American hero is unacceptable.

In a week where photos of crashing planes and burning towers were rampant on this site I find it strange to protest a photo especially one in the "News" section of BC. Loss of human life is the same regardless. Is it because it was a no holds barred look at reality? Would you have protested the pics of OBL on here after the special forces bagged him or is it just those wearing our flag on their shoulder? It was publically released ,wasn't a photo of the act itself, wasn't a child. Gruesome ? Arguably yes. But gruesome is right outside your door. Either We accept reality or we stick our heads in the sand.

BrownArmy

Sooo...let's see...

The 'spark' that started this situation was a twelve-minute 'trailer' for a 'movie' that no one gave a scht about three months ago, until...

Terry Jones, an extremist-fundamentalist-Christian nut-job, with the help of an Egyptian ex-muslim-turned-radical-Christian, among others, pointed this idiot 'trailer' toward...Libya, at the very least.

To put this into perspective, making a 'film' about Mohammed being a pedophile and an adulterer, as well as questioning his 'calling' as a prophet (aside from the largest blasphemy of all, showing an image of the Muslim prophet, which is prohibited in the Muslim religion), is the equivalent of making a 'film' about Jesus having a three-way with two of his Apostles...it's just disgusting.

Terry Jones and the filmmaker should be brought up on charges for putting Americans in harm's way.

If you want to rail against religious fundamentalism, at least be consistent.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
you tube is quite free will. Just coz some nut job made a movie, this is not the retalitorial response. Who watched it, who heard of it? I didnt. You cant bring someone up on charges in the US for having a different thought. Im not against religion in any form. I also dont care, or read what they do. I have one religion, its baptist now, and we make pies, and feed the hungry in our church. Dont get this part.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sooo...let's see...

The 'spark' that started this situation was a twelve-minute 'trailer' for a 'movie' that no one gave a scht about three months ago, until...

Terry Jones, an extremist-fundamentalist-Christian nut-job, with the help of an Egyptian ex-muslim-turned-radical-Christian, among others, pointed this idiot 'trailer' toward...Libya, at the very least.

To put this into perspective, making a 'film' about Mohammed being a pedophile and an adulterer, as well as questioning his 'calling' as a prophet (aside from the largest blasphemy of all, showing an image of the Muslim prophet, which is prohibited in the Muslim religion), is the equivalent of making a 'film' about Jesus having a three-way with two of his Apostles...it's just disgusting.

Terry Jones and the filmmaker should be brought up on charges for putting Americans in harm's way.

If you want to rail against religious fundamentalism, at least be consistent.

I've never met anyone who did not think Terry Jones is a hateful nutcase.
If he were in the Middle East, he would be dead.

Bottom line is, the US does not need to be over there doing the nation-building and smoothing the way for US Corporations.
If there was true capitalism, the Corporations would include the risk of operating there into the price of oil instead of using the US government to manage that risk.

Necropostophiliac

Im sure Obama has already sent them a check with some extra "apology" money to go along with the regular payment.

I just can not understand how any more money can go to Egypt after this.
Their government and their responibilty to protect our embassy has failed.
Their diplomats would be gone by now and all money stopped if we had any sense.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why is it always just men?? No one has a job.

An intelligence agent said this morning that Romney's comment was correct yesterday and there was an"open mic. moment" where the reporters (CBS, NPR, and others) were co-ordinating a question that would protect Obama. They are heard planning the moment.

Obama's first public comment was to attack Romney instead of the guys that were attacking our embassy....then it was a campaign fundraiser in Vegas baby!!

804brown

It is hard not to notice, and be disturbed by, the vastly different reactions whenever innocent Americans are killed, as opposed to when Americans are doing the killing of innocents. All the rage and denunciations of these murders in Benghazi are fully justified, but one wishes that even a fraction of that rage would be expressed when the US kills innocent men, women and children in the Muslim world, as it frequently does. Typically, though, those deaths are ignored, or at best justified with amoral bureaucratic phrases ("collateral damage") or self-justifying cliches ("war is hell"), which Americans have been trained to recite.

It is understandable that the senseless killing of an ambassador is bigger news than the senseless killing of an unknown, obscure Yemeni or Pakistani child. But it's anything but understandable to regard the former as more tragic than the latter. Yet there's no denying that the same people today most vocally condemning the Benghazi killings are quick and eager to find justification when the killing of innocents is done by their government, rather than aimed at it.

It's as though there are two types of crimes: killing, and then the killing of Americans. The way in which that latter phrase is so often invoked, with such intensity, emotion and scorn, reveals that it is viewed as the supreme crime: this is not just the tragic deaths of individuals, but a blow against the Empire; it therefore sparks particular offense. It is redolent of those in conquered lands being told they will be severely punished because they have raised their hand against a citizen of Rome.

The Tragic Consulate Killings in Libya and America's Hierarchy of Human Life | Common Dreams