EXCLUSIVE: UPS dismisses 250 Queens drivers after they protested against long-time employee's dismis

CharleyHustle

The jury is still out on the contract violation of the reported wild cat but we're losing focus on the reason one BA being able to get that many ft drivers to walk. Continuous harassment. That disease is rampant in many buildings.

Then why did they go back to work? Why are "many buildings" not walking out? The "jury"is confused by your arguments.

member6045

You can do a no call no show if you want!! But remember this! It won't be progressive discipline! A mass call out will be seen as a form of a work stoppage!! Which could leave you as present brothers are!

Will reformers be a group to give up our right to strike in 804.

teamster 804

Just watched news rally coverage on local news.To me did not go over well.The game plan of local of using a public advocate to stir the pot regarding to breaks and perks Ups gets from the city.The threat of decreasing these perks and breaks was met with a reply by Ups,stating these threats will basically effect all the rest of workers that they employee in NYC.They do not seem to be backing down.As we all know they run a heartless non appreciative operation as a company.Why would anyone actually think they would have any feelings of sympathy for turning 250 of there hard working employees and families lives upside down.It most likely brings them a twisted joy that they can ruin and disrupt all these peoples lives.Because that is the way they treat us as employees it is like we are just an employee id and replaceable if we don't like it.So hold on tight because we are dealing with a heartless ruthless corporation that is only looking to prove a point, not interested in the people involved.This is not the United Parcel Service of years ago.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just watched news rally coverage on local news.To me did not go over well.The game plan of local of using a public advocate to stir the pot regarding to breaks and perks Ups gets from the city.The threat of decreasing these perks and breaks was met with a reply by Ups,stating these threats will basically effect all the rest of workers that they employee in NYC.They do not seem to be backing down.As we all know they run a heartless non appreciative operation as a company.Why would anyone actually think they would have any feelings of sympathy for turning 250 of there hard working employees and families lives upside down.It most likely brings them a twisted joy that they can ruin and disrupt all these peoples lives.Because that is the way they treat us as employees it is like we are just an employee id and replaceable if we don't like it.So hold on tight because we are dealing with a heartless ruthless corporation that is only looking to prove a point, not interested in the people involved.This is not the United Parcel Service of years ago.

Yeah, UPS is claiming more people will lose jobs if the city sides with the drivers. Not good but it does show the world what kind of people we are dealing with. And it IS a different UPS. I was on a wildcat in the 1990's when UPS raised weight limit to 150 pounds and UPS backed down. They made a bunch of promises that they denied they ever made soon after we went back to work though.

brown_trousers

Yeah, UPS is claiming more people will lose jobs if the city sides with the drivers. Not good but it does show the world what kind of people we are dealing with. And it IS a different UPS. I was on a wildcat in the 1990's when UPS raised weight limit to 150 pounds and UPS backed down. They made a bunch of promises that they denied they ever made soon after we went back to work though.

if the drivers are absolved of this event, it weakens our contract by supporting the idea that a contract violation can not be enforced.

i would rather see progress towards a contract that is enforced more, rather than a contract that is enforced less.

with that being said.... i think the ideal solution would be for these drivers to return to work under strict UPS terms and discipline.

we should all opt out giving to the united way. until they all get their jobs back. not just locally, but nationally . it has gotten me out of a few warning letters, it could work.

island1fox

and the remaining 230 notified that they’ll be canned as soon as replacements are trained, a company spokesman said.

Really? If I were one of them, I'd not be waiting on a replacement. All 230 should not show up the next day

nol.

Really --Walking out again ---would help their position ??

UPS Preloader

If UPS pushes the issue, the one's most at risk of losing their jobs are the low seniority individuals that UPS is currently training...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
with that being said.... i think the ideal solution would be for these drivers to return to work under strict UPS terms and discipline.

do you really want more rules to follow...we seem to have a problem following the simple ones we have now...

for both sides......

Brown Spider

Why is it so hard for everyone to understand that these guys brought all of this on to themselves?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Why is it so hard for "some people" to understand that these guys simply did something that UPS is apparently not capable of doing? Follow the contract! Article 18, Section 4 a) of the Local 804 Supplement.