Exhaust fumes in Sprinter

Star B

White Lightening
hmm, okay. There's only one in our fleet that has that issue and it's that series. Even the newer ones with the 4cyl 6 speed still have power... abit less than the 6 cyl 4 speed models that are getting up there in miles.

DeliveryException

Or in my case, write it up when I get back to the building. Lol.

At my station DEF is filled every Saturday by a couple Saturday couriers. And it's 55 gallon drum on wheels that gets filled from the giant plastic cube in metal frame. They stopped using the small jugs because they would crystalize after opened and caused problems afterwords when used. At least that's what the Sr. said in meeting.

MAKAVELI

hmm, okay. There's only one in our fleet that has that issue and it's that series. Even the newer ones with the 4cyl 6 speed still have power... abit less than the 6 cyl 4 speed models that are getting up there in miles.
The newer ones have no power. Can't accelerate onto a freeway or pass . The older Dodge Sprinter had a lot more power.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wow, no wonder contractors are staying away from the newer generation of diesels with this DEF... drivers aren't paid by the hour to let the regen cycle do it's thang, so it'll trip the MiL or check engine light& go into limp mode until the computer is reset.

Isuzu problem: so your vehicle have to run above 30 mph so the exhaust is hot enough for the piss fluid to burn off the soot from the filter/ catalyst...

Isuzu DPF System Troubles

The people who do low speed operation, like sweeper operators, may drive far enough to the location where they start sweeping to initiate a standard, automatic DPF system regeneration. However, if they are very short trips that are not enough to do an automatic regeneration, at some point the operators must initiate a manual one. Unfortunately, this means the vehicle cannot be moved for about 20 minutes.

Drivers aren't paid by the hour to wait for the regen process to fully complete and thus the headache of the subcontractor to bring it in the stealership to get the computer reset. Or if the regeneration is ignored, you'll damage the catalyst... either way it'll cost $$$$ in down time & rental while it's out of commission

A few contractor s has the previous generation diesels & they don't have to worry about that.

PS I thought I saw some truckers using water instead... would that damage the catalyst over time since it doesn't have urea??? I'm thinking using your Pee would be better. Shrugs

LawSmith

Its the flex join between engine and DPF. I covered mine with Holts exhaust paste to stop it and has worked temporarily. Merc will want you to replace the lot for about 1500£. If you have a look the flex join rubber type thing will be covered in soot and not in place properly. Merc told me if dont want to replace whole lot get someone to fabricate a large jubilee clip type thing and use that to hold it all in place. Otherwise get someone to repair the join with welding. I think its a common ish problem.