Explain Pay Progression?

on Aug 22 I will be working in the Preload for one year, however I am still at just $11.00 and hour. I know I will get my $.50 on the 22.

However can someone explain the 08/01/2017 $.50 wage increase on why some people got it and some others? A couple guys on my pen got it but me and this other guy whos been here for 1.5 years did not get the $.50. Also I read in the Wage Progressions that there was a raise in February 2017 for PTers, however I don't understand when and how these are supposed to apply to me, can someone explain please? Thanks

upschuck

You only get those raises after you pass the 4 yr mark, as outlined in art 22 of the contract. Before then, you get the yearly wages on you anniversary date.

You only get those raises after you pass the 4 yr mark, as outlined in art 22 of the contract. Before then, you get the yearly wages on you anniversary date.

So I work a year and get 50 cents then another and get 50 cents then a dollar and so on? And then after I hit the 4 year mark this is relevant?

MzTeaze

Actually I am interested in this as well. I've looked at the union website but don't see the starting pay if you start at $10.20. When do you make progressions - just after one year? or is there a slight progression after 30 days?

Delivery!!!

Actually I am interested in this as well. I've looked at the union website but don't see the starting pay if you start at $10.20. When do you make progressions - just after one year? or is there a slight progression after 30 days?
If you were hired after aug.1 2013 you'll get pay raises on your seniority date anniversary. Since you started at 10.20 you'll get a thirty cent raise to 10.50 after a year. Search the Web and download a copy of the contract to your phone. I keep the master, regional and local supplements on mine.

llamainmypocket

Essentially, you're at minimum wage until progression in the contract puts you over. In Portland, minimum wage progression is higher than the contract so you'd be at minimum wage until you hit the 4 year mark