Express packages to ground

SFFX

They are gonna make it work, what’s their alternatives?
Crash the stock so Amazon or Walmart take over. UPS did it right, what a surprise well compensated and reliable employment = massive profits and flexibility to market fluctuations.

Mutineer

No , it’s really bad. Too many jobs in our area and no one to sling boxes

I have read many tales of severe worker shortages at FedEx. I believe those stories, but I am curious as to what regions of the country are complaining about this.

I am in California and there are no severe FedEx worker shortages I have observed or heard of in my area.

Are you Mid-Atlantic?

SmithBarney

I have read many tales of severe worker shortages at FedEx. I believe those stories, but I am curious as to what regions of the country are complaining about this.

I am in California and there are no severe FedEx worker shortages I have observed or heard of in my area.

Are you Mid-Atlantic?
We are short in NC all surrounding stations too. We are short 23 drivers, we have 3-4 routes that sit every morning with no one to drive them.

Gone fishin

Are you Mid-Atlantic?
Midwest

McFeely

Huge Member

Colorado here. Short on drivers everyday. Swings get hired and don't stick around after 1-2 months. Still have regular FT routes that have been open for months. We don't have anyone for Wave 2/Response, so regular route drivers shuttle back to the station and do the sort and take out what they can deliver. Not enough pickup drivers so routes are getting handed a PM route at the end of their regular route.

It will be interesting to see what happens after peak this year. Some local stations have a pay premium, others do not. Also have heard rumors that Response will be going away next year.

purplelife

FB_IMG_1667752240665.jpg

Bald1der

Although I absolutely believe this is the intent, I feel that this isn’t feasible and what we’re seeing on the ground (errr.. Express) doesn’t match. Our 4z production from our station accounts for 1 bag with 20 smalls a night and a J can with 14 pieces in it out of 3000-3500 pieces a night. We do see Direct Inject stuff, but I would probably say it numbers in the 100 piece range, a handful per night route.
Our local ground sort is behind maybe a day on average (my own personal orders are always a day late). Warehouse jobs in our area are paying $20 to $24 an hour to start so handlers are nonexistent.
I personally topped 100 stops/ 170 pieces a day 4 days this past week. So the work is there and it’s increasing.
We are continuing to hire for all positions, and our lead ops manager made a cryptic statement saying, “more and more volume will be moved *back and forth* between the two companies.”
This leads me to believe that changes are being made market by market. With rural markets with low need for time sensitive deliveries/ low economic viability bearing the brunt. For now…

MAKAVELI

That’s a pretty stupid statement. Any given market has 20-30% of their ground volume overnight as it stands now. You’d have to be brain dead to believe 100 percent of it is late.
Local market yes. And by late we are mostly talking about RDL but obviously their will be a lot of WDL as well.

That’s a pretty stupid statement. Any given market has 20-30% of their ground volume overnight as it stands now. You’d have to be brain dead to believe 100 percent of it is late.
When Ground QA plays hot potato with 4Z Express packages again then those going to be 100 percent a day late, perhaps more. They don't want them and they sure as hell don't want any time sensitive stuff they will fail to service. Packages with 98 or 99 in their Astras should be localized freight that never goes on a plane. Those shouldn't be late but who can trust Ground now...

SmithBarney

Is your station running EStar?
We did for a week(maybe two)...disaster without double the employees. Actually some individual routes within loops(one per loop) were maxxed out and running 12hr days.. they then tried just mondays and sats.... now it's gone completely.