Extended seasonal contract

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nope just me . They want me to wait it out .

You need to talk with your Union Steward, and Union Business Agent.

At this point, they need to be in the loop and can advise you further.

I've seen the company use the "delay" tactic before.

Then the issue of "timeliness" comes up.... if you file a grievance later.

-Bug-

542thruNthru

If you want this job than get serious. You need to contact you BA right away. If you do not have your BA's number Google your local. I'm local 542 if I Google it I find a Web page that most locals have. You should be able to find your BA on there along with his number.

Do it today and get the ball rolling. Don't be afraid to contact him multiple times if need be.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Nice stemware.

Too much head.
Disagree, beer head creates fragrance and enhances aroma.

You guys should try this:
image.jpeg

ManInBrown

My contract for seasonally driving ended august 31st I got a call the 8th to come in and work. Some said that means they have to hire you and others said they could have extended my contract. Boss was to busy to talk to today. Anyone have any experience with this ?
Where I am if they call you to come in and drive between that period, the day you were laid off and the 8th you're hired permanent. Once you punch that board in, you are a permanent driver. Otherwise the 8th is the beginning of the second season, and you are still a casual

bart

As Bubble posted, if you're in the Central Region and if you've worked after Labor Day, and if you've worked more than 30 days in the last 90 days, you should have gained seniority. If you haven't worked more than 30 in 90 yet, keep counting throughout September. Best bet would be to contact your union steward.
Where is this in the contract?