Extreme Cold

rod

Retired 22 years
You know you are in for it when you wake up and the temperature is 13 below and now at 2 pm it's 20 below---and dropping. Those temps aren't the end of the world but the frigging wind is blowing 25-30 mph on top of it. Sucks to be a UPS driver an days like today.

UPSjedi41

77A5E9F9-7CAD-40F8-BA4E-5AA937A05F8A.jpeg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You know you are in for it when you wake up and the temperature is 13 below and now at 2 pm it's 20 below---and dropping. Those temps aren't the end of the world but the frigging wind is blowing 25-30 mph on top of it. Sucks to be a UPS driver an days like today.

But, it rocks to be retired.

Star B

White Lightening
Ups might actually shut down on Wednesday. Half of Chicago is shutting down, high of -13 low of -25 w -50 wind-chill, Fed ex already announced they will be closed on Wednesday. They are predicting the coldest day in Chicago history.
lolwhut? Where I am is colder than Chicago and we're operating as scheduled, other than we suspended our uniform requirement. Dress warm!

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I am at Lake House in North Central MN.
Air Temp tomorrow morning is going to be -35. Windchill will be -70 to -75
Currently it is -28 air temp and -65 wind chill.
I expect my Amazon order Next Day Air shipment to arrive via UPS before 1030am

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They closed the schools and government offices around Atlanta today because of the chance of snow and black ice tonight. Nothing happened except a little rain this morning.

snowdaygeorgia.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I am at Lake House in North Central MN.
Air Temp tomorrow morning is going to be -35. Windchill will be -70 to -75
Currently it is -28 air temp and -65 wind chill.
I expect my Amazon order Next Day Air shipment to arrive via UPS before 1030am

Doing a little ice fishing are you? Sounds like you are close to me

-66 Wind chill when I completed my last stop tonight in rural Minnesota. Wasn’t terribly cold all day until I drove 30 miles back to the center with the wind beating on the drivers door. Felt like I had the window open.