Extreme Cold

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I will be full kit next week.

Snow boots, base layers, baklava (sp?), heavy gloves, both coats, a box of hand warmers, maybe even ski pants.

Let 'em pull me in the office for protecting myself from frostbite over uniform.
upload_2019-1-26_10-3-2.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
We aren’t allowed to wear any sort of balaclava and the winter jacket they give us might as well be a trash bag with holes

Our center manager told us Wednesday, "No rabbit fur bomber hats. If you are dressed for it and it looks nice, I will allow it."

I wear a liner balaclava, fleece neck gaiter, Carhart winter hat and a fleece balaclava over all that. We had -12 temps and 30 mph winds and I was comfortable.

This coming week, I am bringing a pair of bibs and will change into them at my last business stop. I am thinking about a pair of goggles. I know that they will keep my eyes from freezing, but I am not sure about visibility while driving.

Our center manager told us Wednesday, "No rabbit fur bomber hats. If you are dressed for it and it looks nice, I will allow it."

I wear a liner balaclava, fleece neck gaiter, Carhart winter hat and a fleece balaclava over all that. We had -12 temps and 30 mph winds and I was comfortable.

This coming week, I am bringing a pair of bibs and will change into them at my last business stop. I am thinking about a pair of goggles. I know that they will keep my eyes from freezing, but I am not sure about visibility while driving.
Screw them, do whatever you have to do to keep yourself warm. If you don't like it, send my ass home and my sup can run my route.

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't get the hate on the bomber hats. They are very warm and cover almost your whole melon. Plus, plus, you can get a brown one.

Whatever. Not a big enough mountain for me to stick a flag on.

DRporch

Well that’s why you ‘improvise’ - order bigger uniforms and layer up under -as long as you can still move freely without straining.

You’re correct however we are also not allowed to order uniforms right now lol. I currently use my spring jacket with other warmer comfy clothes underneath

Brisket

You’re correct however we are also not allowed to order uniforms right now lol. I currently use my spring jacket with other warmer comfy clothes underneath

Damn that sucks, when you can order again I would order winter stuff since everyone will be ordering shorts, lol.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Damn that sucks, when you can order again I would order winter stuff since everyone will be ordering shorts, lol.
You mean the bomber jacket with sleeves two sizes too short and the reflective safety strips that peel off after a month??? How about the fat Albert stocking cap.... quality gear....