Extreme Cold

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We worked one day it was 52 below. That's NOT windchill temp--that was actual temp. The HIGH temp for that whole week was 13 below. That was one brutal week. I don't recall anyone calling in sick. We had 19 below this morning. Haven't seen a mosquito all weekend.
It is currently 2F here, which sure beats 102

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's soo bitter outside with the wind blowing all day long...

I didn't see any usps, ups and FedEx today, except for Amazon delivery drivers and the recycling / garbage truck drivers

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's soo bitter outside with the wind blowing all day long...

I didn't see any usps, ups and FedEx today, except for Amazon delivery drivers and the recycling / garbage truck drivers

We were out delivering today.

USPS was closed.

MLK Holiday.

I'm sure FedEx was out also, you just didn't see them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had a couple of pkg drivers, that had a contest every year to see who could go

the longest in shorts. The prize.... a case of beer.
Just my opinion. Wearing a coat, hat, gloves and boots with shorts on a zero degree day looks silly. As far as professional appearance, shabby, but never saw UPS say a word.
Now one guy who had arm tatoos had to wear long sleeves and was told he couldn't wear shorts with long sleeves.....I told him to fight it, doubt if he did. Dont know what happened, I left. Nobody wants to fight anymore. Or vote

Just my opinion. Wearing a coat, hat, gloves and boots with shorts on a zero degree day looks silly. As far as professional appearance, shabby, but never saw UPS say a word.
Now one guy who had arm tatoos had to wear long sleeves and was told he couldn't wear shorts with long sleeves.....I told him to fight it, doubt if he did. Dont know what happened, I left. Nobody wants to fight anymore.
Amen