Fed ex package handler hiring question

It will be fine

I do cover my tattoo for my day job with the State. I plan on sleeping some right when I put my little girl down, and I am not sure if I will have any time when I get off. I will figure it out. It will be hard work, but I have to get the job first. It is like that when you have a baby, you just sleep whenever you can and work with all your heart.
Preload might be a better shift if you're working 2 jobs. It's basically getting up really early. You can probably just go to sleep when the baby does around 7, wake up at 2. I wouldn't worry about the ink at Ground.

Feathersandarrows

Preload might be a better shift if you're working 2 jobs. It's basically getting up really early. You can probably just go to sleep when the baby does around 7, wake up at 2. I wouldn't worry about the ink at Ground.

So.....I can only assume Preload would interfere with those pesky hours of school drop off. If that's true, then no way. Taking my daughter to school every morning is one of the best parts of my day!

Feathersandarrows

ONE more logical question if anyone is listening. I know there is so much more going on in your world right now, but what is the natural progression up from package handler? At my day job, wherever you start, you have to do your time (no matter where you end up) Gotta put it in day in and out, but everyone gets a chance to move at some point. You just have to be real quiet to hear that sweet voice offer you a chance. Let me know if you have time, if you have any advice for a new girl.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
ONE more logical question if anyone is listening. I know there is so much more going on in your world right now, but what is the natural progression up from package handler? At my day job, wherever you start, you have to do your time (no matter where you end up) Gotta put it in day in and out, but everyone gets a chance to move at some point. You just have to be real quiet to hear that sweet voice offer you a chance. Let me know if you have time, if you have any advice for a new girl.
Are you talking Express or Ground? I'm assuming Ground?

dezguy

I can't speak for ground but at Express, once you get your 90 days, you can apply for any position in jcats.

It will be fine

So.....I can only assume Preload would interfere with those pesky hours of school drop off. If that's true, then no way. Taking my daughter to school every morning is one of the best parts of my day!
Depends on your spouse, distance to the terminal, etc. I've known plenty of loaders that have set times they leave. They basically say I need to be out the door at 7:45 and if they are good workers the managers will work around it. Most of them had other jobs to get to, but you'd probably need to prove yourself reliable first.

As for moving up at Ground, it's possible especially if you don't mind switching buildings. Most of the positions you'd move up into will require more hours than a loader though.

Feathersandarrows

Good points all! The application said UPS, and it said to go to 5501. This is the warehouse, and I was told to cover up my lower forearm small tat, and get good shoes if I get it, and wear something decent the first time. No jewelry. Are glasses ok??Anybody here know the Little Rock office people?

Last edited by a moderator:

dezguy

Good points all! The application said UPS, and it said to go to 5501. This is the warehouse, and I was told to cover up my lower forearm small tat, and get good shoes if I get it, and wear something decent the first time. No jewelry. Are glasses ok??Anybody here know the Little Rock office people?
You're in the FedEx section. I doubt many who frequent here will be able to answer all your questions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cover the tat for the tour but if you are selected for an interview ask about the policy. Inside workers are normally excluded from the company appearance policy.

Business casual for the tour.

You will need sturdy work shoes. Do not break the bank on these.

Glasses are OK. Bling is not.

The majority of your questions will be answered just by paying attention during the tour.

Do you recall the scene from "The Shawshank Redemption" where the new prisoners are being led through the throng of inmates? That is the general reception that you will receive during the tour.

I still think that you are making a huge mistake by trying to add a second job to your already hectic life but that is not my decision to make.

outtatime

You're in the FedEx section. I doubt many who frequent here will be able to answer all your questions.
Even the thread title says FedEx. So now it turns out she applied to UPS? Pretty good attention to detail there, hope she doesn't end up loading trucks...

Schweddy

Balls
Even the thread title says FedEx. So now it turns out she applied to UPS? Pretty good attention to detail there, hope she doesn't end up loading trucks...

I think she searched around and found a situation close to her own and tagged along.. not her thread and she never mentioned details on company. Nbd imo but harder to help.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Wut?

@Indecisi0n , please separate this from the FedEx section & push it to the brownie area, k? Thanks