FedEx Express/UPS Question

Marston2020

I am currently a FedEx Express Driver part time but would like to work for UPS as a driver. I went for an interview at UPS for a package handler position but the hiring manager offered me a part time supervisor position and thought I'd be a good fit. He said I could eventually move into a driver position even though it's a non union position. Does this sound fishy to you guys or have people been promoted to driving from the part time supervisor position? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am currently a FedEx Express Driver part time but would like to work for UPS as a driver. I went for an interview at UPS for a package handler position but the hiring manager offered me a part time supervisor position and thought I'd be a good fit. He said I could eventually move into a driver position even though it's a non union position. Does this sound fishy to you guys or have people been promoted to driving from the part time supervisor position? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Don’t do it! Think of a PT sup as more like a Team Leader or SAL at FedEx. You’ll get it from both sides.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re being played

He just can’t pull a driver job for you out of his arse

ManInBrown

No chance they’ll let you move from PT sup to driver. They just tell you that. I know a feeder driver that was able to do it 15 years ago. PT sup to package but I don’t think its common anymore.

Your best bet is casual or seasonal package car driver to getting hired on after. Really your only shot. Or package handler and put your name on the list. Depending on where you work the list could be very long.

Underallowed306

It is a possibility, but not a guaranteed path to driving. It’s a thankless job with limited opportunities for advancement. There are many more benefits to being in an hourly union position.

542thruNthru

He's lying to you.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli

The new contract stipulates no more outside hires into full time driver position

542thruNthru

I know what is says about you have to have 22.4 for no off the street hires into regular package car

Well yes but that's also not entirely accurate. 22.4s are a FT driving position for one and they can be hired off the street.

Someone can be hired off the street into a RPCD position as long as all options have been exhausted.

You know when you were TurdFerguson you didn't phone it in as much. Get it together Ruth. :)

BlackCat

Yes they can. I believe you're in the same rider as me. They can put their names on the PT to FT list just like everyone.

What is the pecking order when a M-friend driver position opens up? Are 22.4s given priority over loaders?

It would be real bull:censored2: if they made loaders go thru 22.4 progression to go M-friend.

BlackCat

You're Western Region and Southwest ride correct?

The graveyard for all your reject vehicles.

EDIT...

Reminds me of one time my manager tells me that we got a load of new trucks coming in. Asks me if I would like one.

:censored2: Yeah..

Go to my truck the next day and in my spot was a truck with Cali plates. 250k miles. WTF.

Keep your wrecks up there.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
It can happen but with no seniority you’ll eventually go where your seniority takes you. It literally says nothing like what you describe. #themoreyouknow

10. In the event a protected RPCD position becomes available, it
shall be filled in accordance with the Supplement, Rider or Adden-
dum, provided, however that no RPCD position shall be filled by an outside hire unless the job remains unfilled after exhaustion of the
applicable bidding procedure.