FedEx Politics - Just Shy of Fantastic

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by SuperHandler, Aug 1, 2014.

1. SuperHandler

SuperHandler Member

FedEx is all politics. Watching your back and covering your ass 24/7. Comments on this? Feel free my fellow Couriers. Another day in paradise.
  2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

In over 40 years of employment, easily the worst treatment of employees I've ever witnessed, hands down.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Dex01

Dex01 Banned

As opposed to other employers where the employees are guided by altruistic mandates? Might I ask how old you are?
  4. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

The only feed back at my station is neg. Never a thanks.
    Oh I forgot we had luke warm sodas and melting ice cream sammies the other day after another 100` + day. We have a wonderful freezer in the brk rm.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Get Walmart ice cream sammies. They don't melt.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Office politics are in every workplace out there. I like my job, I just don't necessarily like all my co-workers. Too many people willing to sacrifice their co-workers to get ahead or curry favor with the higher ups. "Oh! So-and-so didn't cross the t; better go tell the boss,".
  7. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Agreed, its going to be everywhere. Only thing you can do is ID those types early on and CYA
  8. SuperHandler

SuperHandler Member

I believe certain operational managers are stoned when "logistics and numbers" come into play.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  9. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

That makes very good sense. I just got hired for a permanent part-time position on a 3 pm to 8 pm shift. I'm in it for some extra income, not to retire from there. I'vr got to say that the whole feel of the station and attitude of managers I interviewed with were light years more positive and welcoming than anything I experienced at UPS.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  10. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Tread lightly. This just may be for show to get you in the door. I've found after all these not to be too trusting of anyone at fedex.
  11. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Oh yeah.

Give those managers a month after you've started and their true colors will surface like you won't believe.