fedex transition

echo

What's 2 years got to do with it? You probably need to take what you can get when you can get it. If there was a firm date, smart buyers would just wait you out.
What's 2 years got to do with it? You probably need to take what you can get when you can get it. If there was a firm date, smart buyers would just wait you out.
I mean I'd rather give a buyer an exact timeline and date. It's a bit off putting to someone not familiar with X

echo

I am sure every one would but if you step back and look at the other side of the equation would you not cover your bases if you were them. They haven't ever transitioned that many zones, some have had a few issues to resolve others haven't and now they have to do it nationwide within 3 years. A lot of potential variables there.
If people really want out they can get out whenever. $10,000 isn't much on an acquisition I am sure a buyer will split some of the difference with you if a route is worth owning. I am in talks with a single that I will be buying out soon. Even though I don't transition for a while, I can make back the purchase price by the time we transition to ISP even with eating an additional $5,000-$8,000
For those getting up to scale it's not a problem Just doesn't really help me. The extra time is good but to an outsider words like subject to change are scary. Even without transition most people are leery enough taking out a 5 year loan for a 1 year contract etc.

FedGT

Will they even allow a single to sell to an outsider??
It would be almost impossible for someone to buy a single route and not take a huge loss within 1-3 years.
If they aren't blocking those sales at the very least they better be breaking it down very well for the new buyer.

echo

They can't legally stop me. They are welcome to buy me out tho. The way it works once timeline officially begins you can only come in already up to scale. until then it's business as usual. I'm not going to shaft someone, every buyer is told. For example I have one that was interested in far more than my one route. Ive explained to him now is his chance to let X pay some of his expansion. My point is X's Timing screws me on what could have been a simple route sale that used to happen all the time. Now it screws me further with a soft timeline. I never worried about getting a contract renewed because we all know if your performance is good theres no reason to terminate. And I'm sure timeline will be about as planned. But outsiders see things like 1 year contracts as one year. and "tentative" as it could happen tomorrow.

echo

Depends. Theres more than 1 buyer interested and if it goes too long I'll sale internally. Right now this is a low cost way to get in. Just have to plan on expanding when you get here.

Bounty

Depends. Theres more than 1 buyer interested and if it goes too long I'll sale internally. Right now this is a low cost way to get in. Just have to plan on expanding when you get here.
GET OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!! Get as much as you can as fast as you can, lick your wounds and move on. I am bitter to the bone and hope X one day fails(not likely, I know). Don't go forward with trying to get to scale unless you plan on going well beyond the scale they want now. X built this scam on your back and you are now being spit out. GET OUT!! And hope one day you get a check in the mail from the lawsuits. It's an awful immoral company. Just my opinion.

echo

I know man. And I am definately not going forward with X. I am still trying to sale at a decent price but tentatively plan to be out by May even if I have to sale internally.

bacha29

Bounty and Echo, I couldn't agree more. In the near term you might have a few short term misgivings. That will pass. In my situation I have to have both hip joints replaced. Many qualified opinions believe that I should go for S.S. disability. I will be alright from an economic perspective. My situation should serve as an example to anybody who works for a contractor who is not providing employer paid heath care and an employer funded pension plan why they owe that contractor nothing and need to leave as quickly as possible. If they are working for that type of contractor past age 40 they are destined for dire economic consequences.

echo

Bounty and Echo, I couldn't agree more. In the near term you might have a few short term misgivings. That will pass. In my situation I have to have both hip joints replaced. Many qualified opinions believe that I should go for S.S. disability. I will be alright from an economic perspective. My situation should serve as an example to anybody who works for a contractor who is not providing employer paid heath care and an employer funded pension plan why they owe that contractor nothing and need to leave as quickly as possible. If they are working for that type of contractor past age 40 they are destined for dire economic consequences.
Hope your situation gets better. We have all been thru it. I'm sure were not the only ones. In 13 years I have dislocated a shoulder. Got whiplash , bad knee and ankle and for a single route you cant file a claim because following dr orders will cause you to abandon your route. Not to mention working thr 2 bouts of the flue and a case on pneumonia. I wasn't doing all that to be bought out for 10 k.